Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need help wiring a foglight to a JDM 80

Nick Shepherd

I hate electrics.

I'm having some trouble with a new fog light. I've got my MoT tomorrow and have just got round to fitting a new fog light, the old one was a tiny ball of crushed metal attached to a bracket. I have a pos wire running from the light to a switch and then from there to the battery. There is a short earth wire at the fog light and another one that ran from the switch to the dash fuse box which became detached as I took the switch out to check on it.

My problem is that I can't access the back of the fuse box to rewire in the wire that just fell out. Would I be as well just the red wire running to an earth clamp just now?

Got it working but I'm not ecstatic about it.

Here is the wiring diagram:

Fog-wiring-diagram-1.jpg

But the wire from switch to fuse box is just pushed into the back of the fuse, that can't be the best way to do it, can it? Also, i assume that the blue wire that seems to go to the tail light allows for the fog light to only go on when the headlights are on?

Feed the wire to the switch from the sidelights and then the fog light will only work when the sidelights or headlights are on. Dont forget to put an inline fuse in just in case

Back