Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New bumper build

Rich Sims

Garage
image.jpg
Busy day yesturday bumper building.

That's looking really solid, :thumbup: what's that bit sticking out above the grille? :think:

Thats alucky lump have you not seen one?

That's a bit of old number plate with a hole in it which stops my cb aeial from wobbling around...:icon-biggrin: Need to drill another hole tonight and fit it. Lol

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks good Rich. :thumbup:

What thickness steel is it?

It looks like its been folded out of one piece of steel, to form a sort of channel section? Or did you weld pieces together and then grind the welds down? :think:

Yeah I folded out of one peace of 5mm plate to give a rounder more aerodynamic look. Lol

I spent the day designing it with a local engineering company called Hobbs and sons in Langford near Bristol if anyone would like one, they will make more now they have made mine. Devon 4x4 sell the recovery hoops.

I didn't want the square finish of channel and it uses original mounting points.

Last edited:
Just realised I hadn't put up a finished picture of the front bumper after it had been zinc plated and powder coated.
image.jpg

looks very good rich what engine is in your cruiser please? i though you had a g wagon or did you sell that?

looks very good rich what engine is in your cruiser please? i though you had a g wagon or did you sell that?
Yeah I did but with addition of littler feet needed a bigger vehicle so bought a discovery. Wish I never sold the G now...

yeah shame i have driven a few d3 and 4 and not to keen. took one out on a rainy night on the roads round dundry and it cut out put the handbrake on and most of the lights on the dash. not even in an inch of water.
stu

Back