Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Cruiser

Y Plate means 2001, I believe these were not badged as a D4D but came with the 1KD engine. It will have an intercooler from the factory, and common rail fuel injection which is easy to spot. I have seen a couple like this. Check the VIN plate under the bonnet on the bulkhead -drivers side, the model number will be a giveaway. D4D will be KDJ95...... older KZ engine will be KZJ95....... The KD has over 160bhp...noticeably more powerful
Best of luck with the new purchase. Best colour in a 95 too!!

I think its a D4D post a pic of under the bonnet and we can tell you at a glance .

Thank you Gentlemen
I have just found out what the thumbs notification is about, and it's not the smilies I kept looking for:oops: DOH!!!

Thanks Bob, I have KDJ95 on the V5 :dance:

First of the (many) questions, How do you engage the diff locks, (never had diff locks before) and the 2 buttons by the gear lever that says "PWR" and "2nd" whats that for?

PWR means it will hold gears longer & 2nd means it will pull away in second for better traction if needed

Thank you Gentlemen
I have just found out what the thumbs notification is about, and it's not the smilies I kept looking for:oops: DOH!!!

Thanks Bob, I have KDJ95 on the V5 :dance:

First of the (many) questions, How do you engage the diff locks, (never had diff locks before) and the 2 buttons by the gear lever that says "PWR" and "2nd" whats that for?

Engage centre diff lock by pushing the transfer lever forward to HL and if you want the rear diff lock on you shift the transfer lever to LL(over to the right) and then use the dial switch to engage the rear difflock. you might need to drive around doing left and right sometimes reverse too, if it hasnt been used for a while. you will get a steady light come up on the dash if engaged properly.

When shifting to LL i always found it easier to stop and put the gearbox in neutral.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Engage centre diff lock by pushing the transfer lever forward to HL and if you want the rear diff lock on you shift the transfer lever to LL(over to the right) and then use the dial switch to engage the rear difflock. you might need to drive around doing left and right sometimes reverse too, if it hasnt been used for a while. you will get a steady light come up on the dash if engaged properly.

When shifting to LL i always found it easier to stop and put the gearbox in neutral.

Can't seem to find the switch? dashboard, by the gear sticks

What's the benefits or not of the PWR button, why would I need to hold the gears longer?

The smaller gearstick is your high or low locked centre diff . The rear difflock is turn switch to your right of the dash below the steering wheel . I have no idea about pwr sorry my trucks are manual gears .

Last edited:
PWR button is really the same as sports button, if you want to get a move on then the box will stay in each gear a bit longer & rev higher before changes.

Also i don't know about lwb 90's but my rear diff is reserved for times when i expect to get stuck or fail the climb

Finally drove it to work today :icon-biggrin:
What a vehicle!! smooth, quiet, comfortable, no lurch on the gear change, I really felt like the Mutts Nuts, can't wait to drive to work tomorrow:wtf: just to be behind the wheel again, can't remember the last time I enjoyed a car (and driving ) so much:icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

When I had the Terrano (very very briefly, thank god) it was noisy, to the point of sounding like a tractor, and lurched every gear change.

Are they 2 different types of auto boxes?

Also i don't know about lwb 90's but my rear diff is reserved for times when i expect to get stuck or fail the climb

Just wanted to know where to find it Shayne, would imagine I will/would be very unlikely to ever use it.
All my off road adventures so far, have been done with just standard Hi/Lo box

Aye but you will want to test it works so just rock back and forth in a straight line on tarmac until the light stays solid , if it does your good but save testing it properly until your on soft ground .

Back