Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Ironman foam cell shocks

I have a set in my Holden rodeo. just the Ironman Foam cell shock, not the pro's. They've been in for about 6 months so far and they are great. I drive on rough dirt roads every day and they seem to eat it up.

And when they wear out, go chat to Chris at FNB 4WD in Mt. Barker for new stuff - top guy to deal with ...

So what was the verdict on longevity? They still going strong?

I had the normal Iron Man Foam Cell shocks for 1.5 years and found them terrible for driving here in East Africa. Very crashy, poor composure on rutted/potted tarmac roads (especially after a sustained distance) and just not that comfortable. I kept hoping they would improve over time but it didn't happen. So I've just swapped them out for Icon Kit supplied by Julian at Overland Cruisers. Only had them installed a day or so ago, but intend to do a write up when I have time. However, it's night and day. Such a massive improvement all round. Other alternative for me would be OME, but needless to say, I'm not a fan of Ironman Shocks.

I've had the Foam Cell Pro fitted now for nearly three years now on my 80, ive got a set to go on the 105,70 and my Patrol, cant fault them they are absolutely bang on, i am also fairly sure for an off the shelf direct fit shock there inst much that will compare to them.

• 65-72mm outer body
• 45mm diameter piston
• 20mm chrome hardened piston rod
• 3mm exterior tube thickness
• 360 degree welded mounts
• Rebuildable design
• Threaded height adjustable strut spring seat
• Integrated bump stop (on applicable models)
• Single piece solid mounting base
• Solid one piece eye ring
• Twin Tube Construction
• Foam Cell Design
• 3 year / 60,000km Ironclad Warranty

Back