Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member from Perthshire Scotland

Mike M

Country Flag
scotland
Hi all,

New owner here and my first ever landcruiser. Had plenty toyotas / Lexus in the past though and appreciate how well their cars are put together.
I bought my 2015 76 series GRJ76K in Japan and shipped it over to the uk with just under 5000 miles on the clock. Loving it so far and its certainly getting some looks although my mates keep saying i need some UN stickers on it.

The cruiser has factory lockers front and rear and a factory winch other than that it comes with an electic aerial lol.
FB_IMG_1538087956762.jpg

Its going in for undersealing next week and so far i've been fitting sound deadening matting inside all the doors and spraying wax oil inside them while i had the trim panels off. Planning on fitting some ARB side rails and winch bumper but i think the first job is a new stereo / speakers and a set of BF Goodrich AT's. Next year i fancy a front runner roof rack and top tent for getting away at weekends.

Mike

Hi all,

New owner here and my first ever landcruiser. Had plenty toyotas / Lexus in the past though and appreciate how well their cars are put together.
I bought my 2015 76 series GRJ76K in Japan and shipped it over to the uk with just under 5000 miles on the clock. Loving it so far and its certainly getting some looks although my mates keep saying i need some UN stickers on it.

The cruiser has factory lockers front and rear and a factory winch other than that it comes with an electic aerial lol.View attachment 149780

Its going in for undersealing next week and so far i've been fitting sound deadening matting inside all the doors and spraying wax oil inside them while i had the trim panels off. Planning on fitting some ARB side rails and winch bumper but i think the first job is a new stereo / speakers and a set of BF Goodrich AT's. Next year i fancy a front runner roof rack and top tent for getting away at weekends.

Mike
Wow Mike cool machine. I was looking forward to the seeing new 76 on the roads . You haven't waited around getting stuck in with you build ... future proofing her ... have to agree with you mates there is a bang of UN off her .lol . But a beautiful bus . Great stuff . Ru.

Welcome along Mike, that looks the doo dahs. I'm sure there will be a ton of interest in it. What engine is it running?

Cheers, its running the 4.0 litre petrol 1GR FE motor. I think its the only engine available in the 30th anniversary cruisers.

Hi Mike and welcome good looking cruiser you have big up from Tony. Let's have more pics.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome aboard Mike and your bruiser of a truck, when are you planning to mount the rocket launcher :lol:.

It’s a beast and we’re looking forward to your posts on mods, repairs and maintenance.

Any ideas of what you intend for it and your use? :thumbup:

Hi Mike and welcome good looking cruiser you have big up from Tony. Let's have more pics.

Thanks Tony, I dont have too many pics just yet but plenty from the port in Kobe where it sailed from and one from just after me installing the limo tint film on the back windows.

CIMG010.JPG CIMG019.JPG CIMG0144.JPG FB_IMG_1538129341615.jpg

Welcome Mike - gorgeous truck. A white 76 would definitely be high on my list of LCs to own.

What’s it like on fuel? Are you having it converted or is it palatable on petrol?

Hi.mike

Very nice what issues did you have importing and registering?

Regards

Cracking truck.....One day, One day.. Have you looked into availability of parts ?. I guess they should be out there... All the best :thumbup:

Welcome aboard Mike and your bruiser of a truck, when are you planning to mount the rocket launcher :lol:.

It’s a beast and we’re looking forward to your posts on mods, repairs and maintenance.

Any ideas of what you intend for it and your use? :thumbup:

Rocket launcher haha dont they normally have a 50 cal machine gun bolted on or is that the 79 series :)

For now its my weekend car but i do want to use it for getting away for a few days here and there but i'd really like to give it a go in the rough stuff. I've no offroad experience whatsoever but there is an offroad course not too far from me that provide driver instruction / training etc.

Welcome Mike - gorgeous truck. A white 76 would definitely be high on my list of LCs to own.

What’s it like on fuel? Are you having it converted or is it palatable on petrol?

Not too bad actually, it averaged over 20mpg from Southampton up the road and got me home on one tank. 500 odd miles. Ok its a massive 130litre tank lol but the mpg is no worse than my last Lexus ISF i sold to buy this.

Hi.mike

Very nice what issues did you have importing and registering?

Regards

Hi, No issues really. I used Japautoagent and Paul had contacts in japan and over here to take care of the auction purchase / shipping and uk registration. Because its only 3 years old it required an IVA test before applying for the V5. Clocks were converted to MPH and a rear fog light installed. It did take ages though having bought the car in April i then picked it up end of August.

Cracking truck.....One day, One day.. Have you looked into availability of parts ?. I guess they should be out there... All the best :thumbup:

Cheers, yeah so far my local toyota dealer has not let me down as i've bought service items and wanted to replace the 3M stone guards on the rear wings as they were looking scabby. Another good site i've used is megazip.net and its really useful to check part numbers / prices etc.

Now that's a real cruiser. Congrats. Wonder if it comes as LHD as well.
1GR-FE -- How is it to drive? Is it smooth like an inline-6? Must look really short under that long bonnet - I bet you could fit two of them in there.

1GR-FE -- How is it to drive? Is it smooth like an inline-6? Must look really short under that long bonnet - I bet you could fit two of them in there.

I just bet its super smooth, if its anything like my V6 Collie ( at the other end of the scale I know).

In the first picture Mike, Have you popped into the local Toyota dealer.. Or is that your garage ? Lucky sod if it is:thumbup:

Cheers i see it as being Toyotas G wagon but not all tarted up with a 100k plus price sticker on it.

It does drive smooth , nice thrum off the v6 but if you rush a gear change its bucking all over the place lol.
I now know why they offer a 5th gear mod in Australia though as theres not much difference from 4th.

CIMG04.JPG

Cheers i see it as being Toyotas G wagon but not all tarted up with a 100k plus price sticker on it.

It does drive smooth , nice thrum off the v6 but if you rush a gear change its bucking all over the place lol.
I now know why they offer a 5th gear mod in Australia though as theres not much difference from 4th.

View attachment 149804

Can't you get these in auto form?

Back