Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New shocks n springs

Aspire

Country Flag
england
Hi guys.

Truck sailed through mot but have noticed shocks n springs a bit on the tired side. Looking to exchange so do i keep the stock same hieght as looking like 1 inch lift or do i go for 2 inch. Truck used off road and towing horse trailer.

What are peoples views / experienxe and hidden jobs.

Thanks

I'd want to aim st 3-4" but it depends on the type of off-roading you do.
I would say that though, I'm closer to 6" at the moment.

I am thinking the same at the moment. I love the way the 80 handles even with some spirited driving, so I would first do a check on your present height, see how much lower you are than stock, and then calculate how much higher you want to go.

I do what I consider mild off reading, and the victim's tend to be mud flaps and exhaust system, and that is when heavily laden.

To retain good tarmac manners I will be going up 1", this IMO keeps you out of steering/suspension geometry changes which tend to start at around 2".

Higher than that then you need to talk to those who have gone higher with their 80's, I went very high on a Discovery years back for competition use, I then spent more money getting the steering right and curing propshaft vibrations than I did on the springs and shock absorbers!

Regards

Dave

Back