Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No New Land Cruisers in the UK

What does everyone prefer on the new 250. The retro first edition round lights or the standard rectangular ones? I quite like the look of the round ones

Think i'd like to know what each type will cost to replace when they go wrong, most of us will only have a chance of one of them when several years old, pretty sure it won't be a case of a pair of new uprated Osram/Philips headlight bulbs for £20 when one blows.

So far been able to avoid OE LED's, colleague at work has asporty 3 series will singing all dancing headlights that steer, he reckons something in the order of £3000 a side :openmouth:

With all this anti-diesel plans going on, If the UK and EU models come with petrol hybrid engines, they ll be good.
No plans. The 1GD (same as current model) on release. And a hybrid diesel electric in 2025.

A 200 odd hp 2.8 is going dangerously near Ford "ecoboom" territory..... high bhp per litre diesels are not renowned for longevity but at least it's not a 200hp 2 litre .
3.5 ton tow rating at least means Toyota are back in the business in the UK for a comfortable long distance tow vehicle....just needs another 2 cylinders and 100bhp
I quite like the looks but the little plastic spoiler things in front of the front tyres will last about 200 meters off road .
Watching with interest what the Aussie users think and what bar work they come up with to protect the vulnerable plastic front end...
At least it's coming to the UK ...

A 200 odd hp 2.8 is going dangerously near Ford "ecoboom" territory..... high bhp per litre diesels are not renowned for longevity but at least it's not a 200hp 2 litre .
3.5 ton tow rating at least means Toyota are back in the business in the UK for a comfortable long distance tow vehicle....just needs another 2 cylinders and 100bhp
I quite like the looks but the little plastic spoiler things in front of the front tyres will last about 200 meters off road .
Watching with interest what the Aussie users think and what bar work they come up with to protect the vulnerable plastic front end...
At least it's coming to the UK ...
It's the same engine I have in my 2022 model. I agree, longevity is a concern. It is noticeably much better towing a decent lump than my 2005 120 which you are very aware is lugging a cattle trailer up the mountain roads round here. I do wonder what they have done to up the tow capacity by 500kg.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Local Toyota dealer are expecting their demo 250 series early December, I've got a tentative slot to drive it... not buying for sure, but will be interested to investigate.

Back