Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

None drowsy contac.

I'm crap at sleeping Frank but horlicks malt made with milk knocks me out .

I used to love Gripe Water as a kid. The amount of tummy aches I had just to be rewarded with a spoonful of it. :)
Then they took the alcohol out of it… or so I'm told cos I think my taste for it had gone by then.

Mmmmmmm . . A great big heaped sticky brown spoonful of MALT :drool:.

(not quite as old as Chas - but gaining :icon-wink:).

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mmmmmmm . . A great big heaped sticky brown spoonful of MALT :drool:.

(not quite as old as Chas - but gaining :icon-wink:).

Bob.
Vyrol wasn't it?
Before '…went viral' became an expression! :)

Welfare cod liver oil and a high vitamin orange juice I remember, as a kid in the ‘50s.

I loved the orange juice concentrate so much, even the cod liver oil was a pleasure, ‘cos I knew what was coming next :lol:

Welfare cod liver oil and a high vitamin orange juice I remember, as a kid in the ‘50s.

I loved the orange juice concentrate so much, even the cod liver oil was a pleasure, ‘cos I knew what was coming next :lol:

My Gran used to give me just the same Clive back in the 60's! A spoon full of Malt and Cod Liver Oil (which looked like axle grease and probably tastes the same), followed by said concentrated orange juice. It was a case of pinching your nose and getting the CLO down in one go :puke-front: but savouring the orange juice and making it last as long as possible.:icon-biggrin:

The Orange Juice was quite thick and came in a square-shouldered bottle with a proper cork in it. It was quite bitter - but I loved that too.

Yes . . I remember rationing :icon-rolleyes:.

Bob.

The Orange Juice was quite thick and came in a square-shouldered bottle with a proper cork in it. It was quite bitter - but I loved that too.

Yes . . I remember rationing :icon-rolleyes:.

Bob.

Spot on Bob, even the shape of the bottle and the cork that went black after a week or so :lol:

IIRC, the glass bottles were the same shape and size for both the CL oil and the juice, just a different label.

Water was a sure fire cure for anything when i was a kid because its all i got until i said i was fit for school . Get well or get hungry was the choice .

Back