Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not just overland. Not just expedition: Safari as well!!!!!

Although this is going over old ground for me, ( the 24V auto thing) I totally agree with Chris that if we had had autos as an option then 24V manuals would have been rare indeed as are 100 manuals. I test drove a 100 manual a few months ago, great gearchange and better control of the revs ie you could changeup just that bit sooner to gain a bit of economy and on the open road it was ok but get in town it was a PITA, worse than driving a van.
I had the 80 auto A1ALL for 16 years and not once did I wish it was a manual but while my DD at present is a GX manual I bet there is at least once a journey I wish it was an auto.
Some Imports do have lockers as the one I bought the other day has and it is my intention to make that UK spec pristine 24V auto.

Yes I agree with this totally, manual boxes are tedious, and do go wrong (clutches, slaves, synchros etc) just like the autos can , glad somebody has woke up to it at last!! With you on this completely 100% Chris.

They make you fat...................Chris said so :D

Well, I've driven both today and I'll try this 24V auto a bit longer and I can see the tax being sent back on the manual one anytime soon.
Today I fitted the two front leather seats ( more comfortable and adjustable for height) rears tomorrow and some matching door cards, a bit of VX wood trim and switches and we have a pleasant place to be. Replaced all the wheels and tyres (275 BFG A/T) and cleaned half of Devon off the underneath and it looks quite good to be fair,
This truck will take another couple of weeks fettling and I'll have it something like a UK spec VX 24V auto.

Back