Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not so unbreakable Prado advice

ADKotze

Hi fellow forumites!

I purchased a 2005 Prado 4L A/T in March last year with 105k km on the clock and a happy chap I was.

Soon after I realised the DAC (down hill assist control) is not engaging and after a month long fight with the dealer he agreed to repair it.

Finding from Toyota: Something about the aftermarket GPS connected to the DAC control unit supply wires. Cost R2k to strip out and repair.

So after all this time I recently noticed the DAC again does not want to engage on several occasions and now it completely stopped working. So in she went for her 140k km service yesterday and I asked Toyota (different garage from previously mentioned) to check it. This morning I received a phone call with a nice quote figure of R23k to repair the DAC actuator, cold sweet shocked and close to fainting I asked, how? Did my legendary Toyota Land Cruiser Prado actually break? How can this be? Ai...

Now my question is, what do I do now? Do I take it up with the Toyota manager after they worked on my car more than a year ago? Do I have any merit? Or do I just learn to live without DAC?

I would really appreciate your advice!

Kind regards
Neil

Back