Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oakleigh Cars

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Was passing Chesham on weekend so popped into Oakleigh cars to have a look see.

They had 5 cruisers for sale, White, Red, Green, Silver/Red ex-overlander & the armoured £100k.

Pleasant, courteous enough young chap, said his brother dealt with all the cruisers so he didn't know too much about them. However, their close working relationship with "Footloose" (who sent them loads of referrals and visa-versa) ensured that their cars were all excellent condition and up to scratch! (there were certainly scratches in evidence). Cars were tired and dirty and in pretty poor presentation for sale.

Went on to say that they are/have been extremely quiet and have really struggled to sell any of their cruisers..."not like the old days when we were selling loads of them". As a result, he said they have stopped buying any more cruisers and will be concentrating on a host of other more main stream marques.

There may remain a few more cruisers in the market in future, for us to buy then!

is that this footloose http://www.footloose4x4.com/ . If so that would explain a few things to me as I got my truck from footloose and did have issues that were rectified by JulianV.

Thirsty fuel vehicles are just not selling full stop.

Unfortunately for many 4x4 owners, it is killing the wallet good style.

The fuel pricing is going to fleece all but the wealthy, and mere mortatals, of 4x4 ownership, will be forced almost into selling them.

Gra.

Graham said:
Thirsty fuel vehicles are just not selling full stop.

Unfortunately for many 4x4 owners, it is killing the wallet good style.

The fuel pricing is going to fleece all but the wealthy, and mere mortatals, of 4x4 ownership, will be forced almost into selling them.

Gra.

or to start running on veg oil! :violin:

Or LPG ;)

Until that goes that same way as Petrol/Diesel pricewise....... :evil:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I wonder if people actually read the posts on the forum and gave them (Oakleigh) a wide berth??

Good to know in any case :thumbup:

I remember Les (Ecky Thump) going in to see them & being less than impressed with the stock & the description of the truck that was advertised - that was quite sometime ago too...

I've had them ring me several times for technical help on various Land Cruisers, which is surprising considering their close relationship with Footloose.

Back