Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oh Boll**ks!

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Drove the Petrol to the station today, very empty car park. Stupid me decided to park under tree as it has nice bin space either side of a speed hump, so no other cars around. Backed it up carefully, then without thinking, took foot off brake and was still in reverse, so at no more than 6" car backed into tree putting a crease in the roof just by the upper tail gate and damaging the rubber window seal.

:angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming: !

Need to see if the crease will pop out, but its right on the compound curve of the roof!

:angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

Bad luck :-(

I'm sure one of the "Dentmaster" or "Chips Away" type guys will be able to sort out without damaging the paintwork.

Ooh bugger, that sounds just like a Chas manoeuvre. Hope it pops out for you, I don't bother trying to remove my dents, there's too many of them :oops:, but if you have a nice clean car I can see it's a real pain in the derriere. :angry-screaming:

Oh bugger, Lazz. Well, I am no body work expert but remember it's cold. If you are going to have push at it, I'd warm it up first with a blower so that the paint isn't brittle. Maybe that heat and freeze trick will work on it. It's on You Tube somewhere. Amazing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sh!t happens, and I thought it was only me that did silly things!

Really bad news Lazz, I hope you or a pro can smooth it out. :icon-cry:

As Chris says, try the hot cold trick and it may just pop out :pray:

Thanks for the suggestions guys; really irritated I spent so long looking for a minter, then go and ding it... buffoon!

Will try the compressed air and heat trick, but I have a feeling the tailgate is double skin and not flimsy ally like a body panel so may not "pop". Will try though and report back. Still grrrrrrrrrrrr !!

Gutted for you. As said try dent master or somewhere, have a bloke who use at work and seen some quite bad dents disappear.

Atleast not just me, within the last month I've damaged the left rear bumper and lower tailgate when backed into a post (didn't see it), bent the right 1/4 panel/wheel arch with the tyre (now got longer bumpstops). Plus picked a few scratches up.

OK tried the hairdryer and compressed air trick, but no joy. I guess it was expecting too much for it to work on a compound curve structure that doesn't have any natural "spring". I could always try a hot air gun and use some Dimethyl Ether spray, but the temp ∆ may do damage.

Looks like I'll have to get dent repair man out as i can't get to the crease as the top of the gate is double skin.... Now I wonder if compressed air would work. Hmmm....

Thanks four all the suggestions and the video clip Joe.

I had my mint 100 in my garage and very carefully reversed up the car ramps I had put under the rear wheels. I forgot that as the 100 rose up in the air the roof would be under the lintel !!! I wondered why it would not move all the way to the top of the ramp. Being an auto' I gave it more throttle but it only moved back a bit. So I got out to see what was happening and realised I had effectively jacked it up under the lintel!!! NODAMAGE!!!

Frank

I did nearly the same thing in a parking garage with a BORROWED truck! I was so busy watching one mirror while I was backing up that I failed to notice that the parking spot was one with a concrete support pillar on the other side. Just grazed it, but put a pretty nice scratch in the back all the same. I felt awful, but the trucks owner was pretty laid back about it. Best of luck to you!

Back