Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OK so what did Father Christmas bring you?

Bast ardos! Skumbag....etc etc. 2nded on the vice is the price treatment!
Steve

But what a great excuse to buy the .45 ACP that you've always wanted.

Well apart from a banging headache this morning and the desire to never drink alcohol again!!! Santa bought me some lovely gifts a DVD of 'Worlds End', a really nice fleece top, some of those voltage indicator thingy's for in the truck, but my best gift was the Ring RIL4000 Professional Ultra Bright Magnetic Flexi LED Inspection Lamp. It's super cool and I'm over the moon with it :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin:

I'm going to post some more photos of it on my 'Swampy' thread (http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/50125-SWAMPY-MY-02-LWB-3-0-D4D-GX-Colorado), but here's a couple for here :icon-smile:

IMG_8013_zpsd521ef12.jpg

IMG_8014_zpsb15a8a97.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mark N

Glad the health and safety have sorted your vice. Those rubber rings on the handle are for 2 reasons,
1. Anti finger pinch
2. Sound deadening

Anyone add a third?

Frank

A CZ in 9.3x62 just like this one...

image_zps16f8f6bb.jpg

To replace my trusted .375 just like the one at the bottom

image_zpsbddd7754.jpg

And now I'm on my way to the bush in good buffalo country... Happy new year all!

9.3 - sweet. Thought about one of those myself. ammo is comparatively cheap here for some reason. Never shot it but looks effective. Full Stutzen too. Like it. Not sure I'd get on with the Hog Back stock.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I must've been a good boy this year, got a coffee machine (well to both of us but I'll use it more) a new frame for the mountain bike and cash for my stainless exhaust :dance:

Most importantly a very very happy wife and daughter. Even with doing all the cooking for us and the in-laws I've been chilled with no stress.

We bought our house a new TV.
The 37 inch now hangs on the bedroom wall, and a new 60 inch plasma sits proudly in the lounge.

Gra

This was my best present

20131227_164433.jpg

Just need to swap everything from the current frame, get a couple of other new bits then go test it on some trails.

Nice frame Gary, but what is it? I don't recognize the make.

Looks carbon or combo, I'd be interested to know some more details...

It's a full carbon SAB Arco frame. Company called on-one/planet X sell them It's an Italian make, no stickers etc on it. I like it as its different. It's on sale @£225 but got a little bit off as buy a lot from them for road and mountain. They've got a lot of bargains currently.
It's to update my giant talon alloy frame which has had a hard life!!
Emma (wife) bought it for me :icon-biggrin:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/

That's a bummer, if you'd caught him I could think of a good use for that vice! :think:

I like your style!!! Unfortunately didn't catch him...by the time I had grabbed the bat and ran around the house to the outside he was disappearing over the wall already. Just glad that he didn't get in 'cos that would have really spoilt the family's Christmas.

It's a full carbon SAB Arco frame. Company called on-one/planet X sell them It's an Italian make, no stickers etc on it. I like it as its different. It's on sale @£225 but got a little bit off as buy a lot from them for road and mountain. They've got a lot of bargains currently.
It's to update my giant talon alloy frame which has had a hard life!!
Emma (wife) bought it for me :icon-biggrin:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/

1.46kg that's nice, should be able to get the full bike down to what, 8/9kg as a hardtail? Maybe less.

I like your style!!! Unfortunately didn't catch him...by the time I had grabbed the bat and ran around the house to the outside he was disappearing over the wall already. Just glad that he didn't get in 'cos that would have really spoilt the family's Christmas.

Lucky for him he was quick to escape.

I'd have wanted to beat him to a pulp having caught him which really would have spoiled Christmas with all the interrogations.

Wonder how carbon frames have come along since I had my GT STS back in the late 90's. It died a premature death after cracking at the headstock, and then got stolen the following week.

ete5adum.jpg

My king Goanna stretcher.

Now need an oztent 5 to go round it....,

1.46kg that's nice, should be able to get the full bike down to what, 8/9kg as a hardtail? Maybe less.

Shouldn't be too far off I hope! The forks are fairly light as run twin cylinder air rock shox ones, going to pick up a carbon seat post in the morning and got quite light brake discs (180mm front and rear) and calipers. It's the rims that might do it. We'll see when it's built.

Wonder how carbon frames have come along since I had my GT STS back in the late 90's. It died a premature death after cracking at the headstock, and then got stolen the following week.

A Long way! The STS and Lobo were cool bikes... it's always telling when people hark back to old bikes like those! Mind you my mountain bikes are of that sort of vintage (1998 Cannondale F700SL and a 2001 Kona Kiluea built with bits and pieces)

My road bike on the other hand is a Specialized Roubaix, which is a carbon frame and is so light and precise, it's awesome.

Shouldn't be too far off I hope! The forks are fairly light as run twin cylinder air rock shox ones, going to pick up a carbon seat post in the morning and got quite light brake discs (180mm front and rear) and calipers. It's the rims that might do it. We'll see when it's built.

My old 'Dale weighs in at about 25lb (11kg) in it's current build, and that's with a 15 year old XL frame, and reasonably heavy wheelset, so I'd hope that your bike would be less than that. 9kg is still a formidable weight to be aiming for, what size frame is it, as that often has the most bearing on the final build weight by the time that steerer tubes are added in for the longer head tubes etc.

Check what the torque settings are for the carbon seat tube and seat post; they seem to be much more sensitive than alloy posts to getting it right, and FT doesn't really work in the longer term...

Had a play with another of my Christmas presents today :icon-biggrin:

It's a 2600mAh backup power pack/supply/charger for devices that charge and run from off of a USB supply. It will give an Output of 5V 1A and I had it running my iPad today. All of that is great in itself, but it's also an LED torch :icon-biggrin:

IMG_8058_zpsfbe24c17.jpg

IMG_8059_zpsaaa0fe62.jpg

IMG_8061_zps1e0e777c.jpg

IMG_8063_zps083fd625.jpg

My old 'Dale weighs in at about 25lb (11kg) in it's current build, and that's with a 15 year old XL frame, and reasonably heavy wheelset, so I'd hope that your bike would be less than that. 9kg is still a formidable weight to be aiming for, what size frame is it, as that often has the most bearing on the final build weight by the time that steerer tubes are added in for the longer head tubes etc.

Check what the torque settings are for the carbon seat tube and seat post; they seem to be much more sensitive than alloy posts to getting it right, and FT doesn't really work in the longer term...

It's a 20 inch frame. It's a bit longer then the giant it's replacing. The shorter giant is great for tight and twisty stuff but gets a bit twitchy, some descents and drop offs can be tricky as can't get your weight far enough back, same sections on another bike can feel the difference.

I'd think the torque will be about the same as my road bike, about 6nm iirc

Back