Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Our Big Trip Around Australia

fridayman

Garage
This is what makes all the planning & work of the last few years worthwhile. The tide should be back around the same time as the fire is ready to put on the camp oven for our beef stew (which we have nailed now :) ). My biggest stress today was wondering where we should put the bush toilet for the next few days.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369031404.003546.jpg

Fantastic ET, have to say your trip Tales make fantastic reading, keep it up

more pics! you put up the pics and we'll make the captions!

I will try to spend some time on the blog this weekend. In the meantime... there are all sorts travelling around Australia in all sorts of rigs, ranging from pimped out 200's towing 3ton twin axle Kedrons, to... this. Pay particular attention to the rear wheels - somewhere someone went out to do some gardening and found their wheel barrow on bricks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370039630.288650.jpg

This one also caught my eye. 4wd, lots of ground clearance, lots of toys, and not too big like some of this type can be.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370041052.095248.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So where are you at the moment?

So where are you at the moment?

We're stopped at Airlie Beach for a few days. I'm trying to see if I can get some casual work at the BCF here. This travelling business is more expensive than I thought...

I can ask a mate of mine who lives near there if you want for work, I am one of 6 regional managers around Oz so have most areas covered if you need anything.

I am near Wollongong NSW if you are passing.

I can ask a mate of mine who lives near there if you want for work, I am one of 6 regional managers around Oz so have most areas covered if you need anything.

I am near Wollongong NSW if you are passing.

That would be great!

I must have missed it on the forum... what business are you in?

I am a Tech Support Manager for a company you would know as Massey Ferguson, its actually known as AGCO.

Basically Agricultural Machinery and engineering. If you are anywhere during harvest and need work that would be quite easy.

Apparently the cane harvest near here has been delayed but there might be sorting work around Bowen. Although we've also been told that they prefer women for that, and blokes do tractor driving, etc...

I was wondering if I should try and get a forklift ticket? Or even a truck/tractor licence (something that I've wanted to do for years).

I've added one more entry to the blog. More to come tomorrow after we go and watch the kiddies (from 4yo) moto-x.

what job do you normally do fridayman- my sister has just landed home today for 5weeks but they have lots of contacts up and down the gold coast. would do no harm to ask

I'm actually a finance analyst/controller (trained as a bean counter), but not sure there are loads of temps jobs in my line. I'm happy to try anything though. In fact I'm seriously thinking about a career change at the moment.

ok I'll be talking with them this weekend so I'll tell them to find some leads. Are you considering 'hands on' work as well if its available

ok I'll be talking with them this weekend so I'll tell them to find some leads. Are you considering 'hands on' work as well if its available

I'm not sure I could lug 50kg bags of cement around all day anymore, but I do all my own car, house & garden maintenance. So I'm ok with a bit of hands on work :)

I wonder if these would rub on my truck..? They're only slightly wider than the main motorway going up the east coast.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371032064.189296.jpg

You just have to love the central Queensland coast. This is winter...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371193293.947676.jpg

This is the view from my chair right now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371193340.601638.jpg

Back