Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

overland travel newbie

Mr T

Hi everyone. My name is Steve i live in South London I have had my 4.2td 80 for ten years now though i had done everything in it. :clap: But No now i have it in my head to go to Morocco about this time next year and looking into it more and if anyone can give me advice please.

Going to go on an organised tour,(companys)

Prep truck (work for a recovery company car not a prob)
what needed to take.

4.2 td 2 inch lift. Green
4.5 4 inch ironman suspsention, 2 inch body lift, deep dish wheels and insa turbo tyres,iron man snorkel/ Green with scratches.

Mr T said:
.... But No now i have it in my head to go to Morocco about this time next year and looking into it more and if anyone can give me advice please.
What sort of advice are you looking for Steve, vehicle prep or routes etc?

I have been to Maroc many times on both 2 wheels and 4, we are off again next month for 3 weeks... it really is a great place.

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum/madhouse, whereabouts in South London are you? I'm in Morden are we neighbours? Who are you going to Morocco with, and I bet I've got more scratches than you :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Steve

welcome. The members of this club tend to be either avid off roaders or keen overlanders or both so I am sure we will be able to help with any questions you might have. You can actually travel to Morocco with a standard 4x4, as long as you have a good set of all terrain tyres. You could use muds, but ATs are better in sand. But most of us who have been out there and further afield have modified our trucks to be better suited for overlanding - things like split charge unit and leisure battery and storage systems. Others have gone further and have strenghtened the suspension, fitted raised air intakes, under and side protection, winches ... you name ... we like our toys :)

We have a club event in May http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12287 that you are welcome to attend. There will be several people who would be able to provide advice on prep and routes.

Back