Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

overland trips 2013

Langy

Hi all, me and the wife are planning our next couple of trips for this year? ?, as yet we don't have a clue where we're going, is there a small group heading off anywhere nice in the next few months or so and want some more company? , Mark/Jodie :whistle:

just the alps in july for me depart Irl on 1st july return on 24th july going to try and catch a bit of the tour de france while there. not planned much at this stage though except book the ferry.

Alps in July and Morocco in Sept/Oct

Also hope to catch a stage of TDF - Alp D'eux stage, once i figure out how to get on the hill on the day!

Across the Alps and into Italy for a month in August but nothing sooner unfortunately...

Alps in July and Morocco in Sept/Oct

Also hope to catch a stage of TDF - Alp D'eux stage, once i figure out how to get on the hill on the day!

My plan is to be on the alp d'huez a few days before the stage comes through. if i can't find a spot I will make one! pland is to park up there about 4 days before and then cyle back to ventoux to watch that stage. Also going to have ago at my first ever etape du tour on the 7th of July so will be in Anncey from the 4th. Plan would be to do some exploring between the 8th and 14th say.

My plan is to be on the alp d'huez a few days before the stage comes through. if i can't find a spot I will make one! pland is to park up there about 4 days before and then cyle back to ventoux to watch that stage. Also going to have ago at my first ever etape du tour on the 7th of July so will be in Anncey from the 4th. Plan would be to do some exploring between the 8th and 14th say.

sounds like a good plan. but we will still be offroading in Italy the day before :) and havent got the days spare to bag a camping spot on the hill
i have read that you can access alp d'huez from the north via a cable car to spectate from ski station called Oz?
got to get a USB tv system to watch stage highlights on laptop as well

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I always fancied imposing as a tour cyclist and jumping on to the stage half way up the last hill! one way to get a good spot at the finish - possibly even on the podium :dance:

I always fancied imposing as a tour cyclist and jumping on to the stage half way down the last hill! one way to get a good spot at the finish - possibly even on the podium :dance:

Fixed!

Portuguese foothills 2nd June.

Two vehicles, space for 1 more.

Routes planned and currently going on to Everytrail. Its a Toyota routebook.

Pete

free barbeque for anyone who carries a 24 case of beer up the alp d'huez on foot and doesn't drink any of it......:thumbup:

still snowing in Alps... :(

(disrupted the Giro 'Italia bike race a lot last week)

we parked-up by these ski lifts end of last June @2700m
first screengrab

and camped down in the valley about where snow line is (2nd screengrab) @2000m

better melt fast, hoping to revisit in 6 weeks time.....

http://m.webcam-hd.com/risoul/risoul_sommet-razis

Attachments

• CaptureR1.JPG
    CaptureR1.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 89
  • CaptureR2.JPG
    CaptureR2.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 91
Oops, supposed to be doing the Swiss Alps on a motorbike in a weeks time......

Back