Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overseas parts. a little research

womble_

Country Flag
england
I'm looking at doing the other front window rubbers, but after i got hit by customs charges i wasn't sure if it really is cheaper to order from overseas.

Here is what i found, when looking for part 68151-60010 :
Local Toyota dealer. 92.72 ex vat
Total: 111.26

Amayama
Part: 27.99
Delivery: 15.32
Parcel Force Express charge: 13.50
VAT: 8.66 (if you want to read more, https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ported-arriving-from-countries-outside-the-eu )

Total: 65.47

Its still a saving, but not as much as i feel it could be.

No tax if bought from the EU of course. Does anyone have a cheap, online, supplier in the EU?

Where does everyone else get their OEM parts?

Oddly enough I got my seat covers in from South Africa with no tax to pay, not a clue why tbh
I doubt I will be so lucky with my EFS suspension from Australia

Last edited:
I'm looking at doing the other front window rubbers, but after i got hit by customs charges i wasn't sure if it really is cheaper to order from overseas.

Amayama
VAT: 8.66 (if you want to read more, https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ported-arriving-from-countries-outside-the-eu )

No tax if bought from the EU of course. Does anyone have a cheap, online, supplier in the EU?

Its still a hell of a saving though, well over 40%. Just remember all those import tariffs and VAT are the price you pay for being in the EU....

Amayama

That's about what I payed from Amayama. I was also quoted £111 by a Toyota dealer and they were on 'back order' so I would have to wait for them anyway. The Parcel Force charge got right up my pipe. £15 to get it halfway across the globe and PF charge almost the same to deliver it to your door. I'm assuming that they are the default parcel handler for items not sent door to door by Fedex or UPS or any of the other international delivery companies.
As you say, still not a bad saving though. I guess the more the cost of the item the bigger the saving although import duty rears it's ugly head on items over £130. I doubt you'll find anywhere cheaper in the UK.

I bought them a few weeks ago from all american imports in Kaatsheuvel, Netherlands.
Their website sucks bit they are nice to do busines with:

'We are working hard to finish our new site. Please come back soon to admire the result! If you want to contact us, you can
do so via e-mail [email protected] or by telephone +31 (0)416 540167. Or you can visit us at Veerweg 6 | 5171 PW | Kaatsheuvel'

Part nr
68151-60010 front door LH
68141-60010 front door RH
50GBP each + vat + transport (10£ approx)

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back