Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oz tour Oct,Nov,Dec,2011

TonyS

Hi guys,

Just packing to head downunder for a six week tour of Queensland, to South Australia, Victoria, NSW, and back to Brisbane, in my little HJ 47,called Betsy.(her name when I bought her).
I have had her prepared by AMMS in Brisbane, the guys who look after the 4wd action magazines trucks. The mag is the best off road mag ever.
Will post more about her later.
Gotta go pack, so much to do still.

Cheers,

Bon voyage Tony, have a great time down there,
australia-flag-06.gif
not that we are at all jealous
making-fun-054.GIF

Have a great trip Tony, very jealous. Remember we need lots of pics.

Safe travels.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And you can watch videos of many of the tracks here to see in advance which ones you might like :D :thumbup:

Have a great trip Tony, as others have said, loads of pics PLEASE. :dance:

Any room in your hand luggage for a 6'2" bloke? :shifty:

Have a great time chief

Just waiting to go to gate. Should be in Brisbane by midnight, uk time tomorrow.
Will get pics of Betsy out as quick as i can.
Keep you posted,

Cheers, :thumbup:

Have a great time Tony, ensure you take plenty of pics :thumbup:

have a great time Tony. :thumbup:

i agree with you about 4wd action magazine, absolutely great magazine, far better than anything we get in the UK. :)

Some pics from Tony of Betsy and if you read 4WD Action you'll recognise Milo as well.

photo01.JPG

photo02.JPG

Thanks, Jon.

She is great, just had a small issue of not being able to lock the doors, but sorted now and picking her up first thing. Had a good drive around to sort out various legalities today, and she really surprised me, comfort not too bad!!! Not too noisy either.

Then left her back at AMMS, final check then we head west tomorrow toward Warwick, for a couple of days at the famous Warwick rodeo,before heading north . Just gotta pick up the very important tent and bedding etc on the way, and food supplies to fill the new waeco!

Keep you posted,

Cheers, :thumbup:

She looks just the job Tony. What tent are you going for, a big long one by any chance?

looks very nice. :drool:

did you say your hoping to bring it back to the uk?

did you get to meet Roothy, or was his truck just there having work done? :)

Tony, you must be well chuffed with that pic. Not only does Betsy look stunning and ready for an adventure, but to have Milo for company, you don't get that everyday!

Have a fabulous time, and a great adventure :thumbup:

P.S. Keep the pics coming, so we can keep drawling!

Hi guys,

It's six in morning, been up an hour. Quite excited about getting on the road today, and getting sorted with camping gear.

Every time I find wifi I will send pictures, thanks for showing your interest.

Will keep her out here for a while,Ben, if all goes well, and she seems reliable enough, could even rent her out to anyone who wants to do a trip who I know from the club. :thumbup:

Milo is there for a service, no sign of Roothy, but he has signed the back window, "go the forties." put extra value on her!!!

Cheers for now,

Guys, have got to Warwick rodeo, truck is steady, but pretty cool. Gets a bit of attention too, as its in good nic.

iPad has failed though, so goingg to be difficult to get pics at mo_On it asap

Cheers

Back