desertrogue

Country Flag
united_arab_emirates
Hi Guys

I noticed that parts here in the UAE is much cheaper than in Europe

So if anyone needs any parts - happy to help out and ship them over

Cheers

Ryan

Excellent thanks Ryan - I'm sure there'll be takers!!

One of our members was doing that, and very handy it was too.

Then the UK Customs & Excise took an interest and it had to stop :icon-rolleyes: .

Bob.

My problem was the size of some of the orders. Toyota UK got involved on the basis of checking for counterfeit parts. They held up a shipment for about six weeks. When I finally did get the shipment, having been declared as genuine parts by Toyota, lots of bits were missing. Toyota blamed customs and customs blamed the supplier.

I was told that Toyota UK have the genuine parts market fairly well stitched up. There is nothing they can do to prevent individuals bringing stuff in for their own use but they can stop companies bringing parts in for resale.

Just as well I had a large personal collection of the worlds most unreliable Land Cruisers at the time and was constantly needing bits for them.

The big killer was the air freight cost and the only way to get that sensible was to place large orders and spread it around.

As some of you are discovering with Amayama, Customs and Excise as well as Parcel Force still like a pretty big slice.

Cheers

Ian

Wow - that's not a good position to be in at all! , hate the bureaucracy !

Thank you for the heads up !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Desertrogue,

There's a part that seems to be impossible to get here in Europe that I believe is available in the middle east (because I have seen them there) which is the ladder rungs that bolt onto the outside of the rear pillar of the 105 series. Unfortunately I can't work out how to post photos on here otherwise I would send you a photo of the sort of thing I mean. I've been desperate to get my hands on some of these for ages so I would be interested to know if they are available in the UAE. Reading the above thread I wouldn't want to expose you to the wrath of HMRC or indeed the UAE equivalent but would still be interested to know if they are available out there.

Cheers

Nick

Sure nick
can I have the chassis number please and either a picture or a part number
I don't see how hmrc could give me a hard time since I am resident in the UAE and not UK
i am not selling for profit just sending genuine parts to help out members
cheers
ryan

Hey Ryan,

Cool Cheers. Photo attached. Will need to go and have a look for the chassis number.

Cheers

Nick DSCN2981.jpg

Hi Nick,

If you can get me the chassis number. I went to the parts guy yesterday however he does not think this is a toyota part - however if he can get the chassis number then we will have a look

Cheers

Hey Ryan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for checking with the parts guy. The chassis number is JTECB01 J901100727. These ladder rungs come as standard on the UN vehicles (i'm told) but maybe they're not actually Toyota products which would explain why I have been unable to find them all these years!

Cheers

Nick

Thanks nick,
According to my parts guy he said that Chassis number is not valid - can you re-confirm the number is correct?

Thanks Ryan for being so helpful. Most of LC owners here in Qatar get their spare parts from UAE because it's way cheaper.

Back