Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Parts Required For KZJ70 Knuckle Rebuild

Yorkshire Devil

Has anyone got a comprehensive list of the parts required for a front axle rebuild on a KZJ70? Where is the most competitive for these items?

Swivel Seal Kit
Swivel Hub Bearings x 4
Inner Wheel Bearing x 2
Outer Wheel Bearing x 2
Gasket Free Wheeling Hub x 2
Lock Tabs x 2
Snap Ring x 2
Inner Axle Drive Seal x 2
Front Main Hub Seal Behind Wheel Bearings x 2
Locking Nut x 4
Shim Plates????

Last edited:
form a general perspective YD, we generally avoid the inner axle drive seals. Just use genuine ones. The main hub seals aren't always the best and can be tricky to squash in, so you might go gen with these too. The bearings are all fine. I have had plenty of those. Very often genuine.

Not sure if they are the cheapest but they are certainly competitively priced and Roughtrax gets a big thumb up from me because when i phoned to tell them the wheel spacers i had just bought won't fit unless a change my wheel studs for longer ones they listened and - apologized for my inconvenience , thanked me for making them aware of the problem and offered a full refund on return of the item ! Great stuff when you consider they would have been perfectly within their rights to tell me to sod off because i should have measured studs first .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I bought my bearings (gen) from Milners as part of their wheel bearing kits. Then bought the axle seals and circlips from Simon Holton.

I bought my bearings (gen) from Milners as part of their wheel bearing kits. Then bought the axle seals and circlips from Simon Holton.

OK So Far This Is My Shopping List!

Front Swivel Seal Kit (Roughtrax for this - is the all important inner drive shaft seal included in the genuine kit they advertise?)
Front Swivel Hub bearing - Roughtrax Or Milners
Gasket free wheeling hub - Roughtrax
Snap Ring for outer C.V Joints - Roughtrax Or Milners
Front Wheel Bearing Kit - Roughtrax Or Milners
WHEEL BEARING LOCK NUT FRONT Roughtrax Or Milners
WHEEL BEARING SPACER WASHER FRONT - Roughtrax Or Milners
ROUGHTRAX&MILNERS DONT SEEM TO LIST SHIMS FOR THE KZJ70 - ARE THEY THE SAME FOR THE KZJ70? I have heard that the KZJ70 didn't have shims because it was manufactured to tight tolerances?

Last edited:
Back