Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pedders kit for 80 - any experience

Citizen Brown

Country Flag
england
Just picked up an 80 (1994 12v manual). Think it needs shockers all-round so thought might as well go for a kit and these seem reasonable.

Anyone out there fitted one and done some miles?

Yep got pedders shocks and springs on my fz80.
First impressions were it felt a bit stiff, now it's all settled in it rides well. Not too stiff not too soft :oops:
It rides well on either set of wheels/tyres (33"&35") and handle ok for a lifted truck.

The winch up front and with all the gear loaded in the boot really smooths out any stiffness and the 80 feels happier with some weight in tbh.
Performs well off road, sometimes I do feel it needs to be a bit softer for off road but as I generally air down off road it's not an issue. I've still got anti roll bars which may contribute to any stiffness. Saying that i think if it was much softer it's on road manners and handling would be compromised!! Can't have it all lol. For a lifted 4x4 you can motor on round country roads etc without feeling seasick.

If your up York way or if I'm heading southward anytime soon your welcome to have a drive :icon-wink: be warned though when you drive a petrol you won't want to go back :lol:

Found same as Gary on my Pedders kit. Little harsh to begin but settle down after a bit of use.

Worth mentioning their customer service is top notch.

Back