Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pneumatic difflock actuator

What's wrong with using a sheathed cable and a simple lever on the tranny tunnel?

As per Mercedes G Wagon, good thought Frank, it would remove the electric actuation but I would like to keep the warning lights on the dash, so something would need rigging up. And this brings me to my earlier comment, they work real good as stock so I cannot justify the time and development but, having said that, if some produces a decent kit it may make a great replacement over the cost of a new OE unit.

regards

Dave

I would like to keep the warning lights on the dash, so something would need rigging up

regards

Dave

AFAIK the switch for the warning light is separate from the unit, so not much rigging to do.
regards
wout

I used to buy rolls of hand brake cable together with the nipples back in the 80's. I don't know if you can still obtain it but that cable would do the job. Why did they make the OEM so complicated.......just to get rid of a lever and make it look/feel more like a car?

I know you can get motorbike cables loose over here, I fitted one to a friends chair that has the kick out leg rest operated by a lever/cable, cable broke manufacturer wanted her to ship the chair back to them WTF, an hour later and it works great! :icon-biggrin:

regards

Dave

AFAIK the switch for the warning light is separate from the unit, so not much rigging to do.
regards
wout

That's handy to know, never had mine apart so did not know that. Hopefully by the time mine breaks there will be a kit on the market?

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I need to decide what way to go with my 80, fit a set factory lockers, some sort of E locker or go with the ARB locker. I have the ARB lockers in my 70 series and they have been problem free to be fair
Hi, I have ARB lockers in my Froader and stock Toyo lockers in my Bruiser, both good, however may I suggest you consider KAM lockers, I had them "peg" my LR Diffs in my hybrid and visited their workshop, I believe they have got it right in what they do, they had Toyo parts there but I can't recall if they actually make lockers for Toyotas, they offer, electric, air and cable operation, got all corners covered. Just a suggestion, best regards, Bill Westley

I have the air actuators on mine as both the electric ones were goosed. I have to say they work faultlessly and both bring the dash lights on as that is a separate sensor. I have wired mine to the original switch as well so all act as they should.

Back