Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Portugal, Spain and a broken transfer box - April 2016

Lorin

A selection of photos from our trip up to the transfer failure.

We left Bournemouth on April 3 crossing from Poole to Cherbourg. Rough plan was to shoot down through France and across the North of Spain as quick as possible (allowing for the fact Amy was 6 months pregnant, so we tried to limit driving to 3-4 hours a day), and then follow the coast down through Portugal and along the South of Spain back into France.

Things didn't start too well as within a day or two I got a bad chest infection and the weather was flippin awful for the most of the first week. The one good day we had was in Northern Spain where we visited Orbaneja del Castillo. We then abandoned our original plans and drove straight to Sintra in Portugal (Lisbon). Unfortunately, the weather remained rubbish we so we headed South to Vila Nova de Milfontes where we stayed in an apartment for 3 days whilst I got over my chest infection. From there we then had two superb weeks driving the trails of the Algarve and Southern Spain.

Our rough route
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure what is happening to the pictures.....? And editing on the iPad is impossible :angry-screaming: Crispin help :pray:

All looking good from here Lorin. Great scenery and the cruiser's looking good too (apart from the last one going up onto the transporter)
Shame it had to end that way!
Thanks for taking the time to post :thumbup:

All looking good from here Lorin. Great scenery and the cruiser's looking good too (apart from the last one going up onto the transporter)
Shame it had to end that way!
Thanks for taking the time to post :thumbup:

Good to know you can see the photos Ian. I'm trying to add a bit of text explaining some of the pics but am having 'issues' at the moment.

Great photos Lorin. Pity the trip was cut short. I suppose you now have an excuse to go back. Please pass on best wishes to Amy

Thanks for posting the photos, some nice trails there.
And two car recovered I see

did you do much mountain biking ? We usually take our bikes on trips too, they live in the cab behind our seats.

bummer about the transfer box though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice pics mate congratulations to. I know we spoke about li last year......
My daughter is nearly 2 now and amazing. Love travelling and the outdoors.

Not sure what is happening to the pictures.....? And editing on the iPad is impossible :angry-screaming: Crispin help :pray:
I'm trying :(

Very cool writeup! Some lovely pics there. See the sky :( called "summer"

Will let you know as soon as I have an answer about the pics... We can all see them though.

Fabulous photos Lorin, and I was thinking the trip was a failure reading the TB thread.

I've got some fond memories of the Algarve, riding a death-trap rented motorbike along the cliff tops. We were at a fishing village called Burgau not far from Sagres.

Hope you're feeling better too.

The truck looks handsome, like mine used to before I fitted the arches.

BTW, I have no issues at all posting and editing on my iPad, what's the problem?

Looks like a super trip. The coast looks fabulous.

Looks like an awsome trip. planning almost the same trip this fall :) .
Leaving from Belgium thou ;)
Do you have any tracks to share .

Greetz Ronny

Defo want to go there as well!!!
great pictures Lorin.
@traveller68 : welcome to the forum, how about a little more info about you in the introduce yourself section ?btw I live just north of Antwerp, where are you from ?

Back