Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Power washers

Ronanjordan

Hello People,

Killed my power washer 2 weeks ago, mucky quad , trailer and 2 landcruisers!!!!

Anywho... who uses what type??

Petrol electric diesel with heater?? any recomendations??

Had a karcher 8m hose on a halfords washer but the HP hose blew off the fitting.
Looking at getting a decent one, may spend a few quid on it but should last for a bit then!!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0039UT446/r ... B0039UT446

Looked at this karcher in B&Q and online.

Maybe....

I have a Nilfisk P150. Its an excellent pressure washer and has lasted over 2 years. I have only owned it for about 6 months but it was fully serviced before i got it by the dealer. For the first 18 months of its life it was used by a friend who used it to clean his challenge motor. That thing was always covered in dubs.

The Nilfisk is an electric powered pressure washer with a brass headed pump. Long lasting but not cheap to buy. For occasional use it would probably last a lifetime! I can highly recommend them if you clean a lot of toys :thumbup:

Get a B&Q heater one, then take it back after 11 months, and get a replacement.

I am sure, most of them don't really last that long, by that I mean the £100 to £200 things.
If it makes it to 11 months.
I took a few back well within the 12 months, as there was a big patio and drive to clean regular.

Graham

This has had me thinking a while now and I am looking for advice too.

At home I have the Karcher but off road I use one of the hand pump washers to clean lights/windows before going out on the road.
Something like the one at the bottom of this page http://www.atomiza.co.uk/retail.htm

As I will soon be fitting my air system, I got to thinking, is there a spray system out there that can be attached to 100psi air supply?
Basically, instead of pumping the pressure up by hand pump and with a hose and nozzle etc more suited to the higher pressure :?:

May come in quite useful for a day off road as a bit of water seems to go a long way.

Ecoman said:
I have a Nilfisk P150. Its an excellent pressure washer and has lasted over 2 years. I have only owned it for about 6 months but it was fully serviced before i got it by the dealer. For the first 18 months of its life it was used by a friend who used it to clean his challenge motor. That thing was always covered in dubs.

The Nilfisk is an electric powered pressure washer with a brass headed pump. Long lasting but not cheap to buy. For occasional use it would probably last a lifetime! I can highly recommend them if you clean a lot of toys :thumbup:

This Nilfisk model Nilfisk E130 2-8 Pressure Washer with 2100W Induction Motor gets decent reviews on a number of sites and is half the price of a P150 [which looks excellent]. I'm guessing the model would be fine for cleaning the truck?

I have had a Karcher for longer than I can actually remember. It's on its way out now, something's gone which makes it pulse when not spraying. Have not been able to repair it. Still works but annoying. It has given frankly, legendary service.

I would have said, Karcher, Karcher, Karcher, Karcher,

But in looking for a new one, I have read some quite poor reviews in terms of reliability of the more domestic end of their range. Places like Amazon are good where there are customer reviews. Perhaps worth looking for Karcher spares stockists to see just what is available too.

Good luck

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have two Kranzle washers, one electric and the other has a Honda 5.5hp petrol engine, they are the best washers around but expensive, not that I paid much for them. :roll:

Chris does yours only pulse when not spraying or does it also do it when working, had one that did it when spraying and it was dirt in the nozzle, if it's when not it could be the pressure valve that shuts it off when the trigger is shut.

It's the pressure valve. I have stripped it and have done all that I can. Just cleaned GW this morning and it's not pulsing any more. It just runs continuously. Even when I switch it off!!!!!!

Chris

Chris said:
It's the pressure valve. I have stripped it and have done all that I can. Just cleaned GW this morning and it's not pulsing any more. It just runs continuously. Even when I switch it off!!!!!!

Chris
Mine has been doing that for some time now Chris. Mind you, it is about 9 - 10 years old so can't complain, even if I have to ditch it and buy a new one.

yep mine does the pulse when not spraying thing and walks itself down the drive then falls over :roll: doesn't get used very often though so I've not tried fixing it.

Some of the Karcher ones crack the head on the pump, so the pressure is going round the pump cylinder which makes it keep going all the time, you can get bits from buyspares.

I have a Snap On one, had it nearly 20 years and it still works as good as the day I got it, I remeber taking a mortgage out when I bought though, if I remember it was about £350 20 yrs ago

Saw this one today at my local JTF warehouse store in Mansfield, It's down from £219 to £129 !! Don't know what they're like, but looks good !

P220211_1227.jpg

Nick.

Take a look at the Stihl range of pressure washers.
They have been sourced from KEW, ALTO & KRANZLE.

With some repairs now and then mine is going on 20 plus years now.
Think I need a pump rebuild again :whistle:

And whilst you're at it get one of those inexpensive seethrough inline waterfilters.
Although most pressure washers have a small filter integrated this allows a lot more waterflow when partially clogged.
And you can actually see what sort of crap you're sucking into your washer.

Back