Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

premium came today

joinerman

Garage
This years renewal dropped through the box today, £287 fully comp, 94 80 series Vx import, 9 years ncb 3 points & over fifty, don't know whether to shop about or not bother at that price.

I dislike you. :evil:

Just. Not. Fair. :violin:

Pay it, and not bother looking around.
I think many on the forum would enjoy that quote.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
not to pop in and make my self sound like a fool or anything. But im under 30 witch i would consider to still be a young driver, im not using any NCB as im using it with another car and i have told my insurance company about every mod that mine has, they also insure me for windscreen cover, green lanes and will also insure me for pay and play days, and on top of that they will do an agreed valuation.
I paid 160 pounds, fully comp "sorry this Mrs's computer hasent got a Pound sing" happy to give you there info if you like.

This is the companys web site,
https://www.hertsinsurance.com/?rw.cm=google,PPC,hic+car+insurance&gclid=CNy6zcjd2bMCFSHHtAodBi8Anw. Ask for Adam Southgate, Hes a very good guy. Tell him you know me, he insures 3 of my cars and has smashed all other companeys. A cheeper car number to call is 01279 506090
Let me know how you get on.
I just gave them a call, the girl I spoke to was not very helpful in getting me transferred to Adam, she said he is only concerned with insurance renewal and wouldn't be able to help me but eventually took a message for him to ring me back. BTW it turns out that company is a sister company to Adrian Flux.
My renewal came today from Adrian Flux, down from £599.32 to £450.06, :think: I might just stay with them.

Last edited:
I got my renewal from Adrian Flux the other day, £450, which was down from last years of £565, the cover expired yesterday so I gave them a call to renew.
I spoke to a very helpful chap who after telling him I had been ringing round for a better quote reduced the renewal to £415 :thumbup:, so that's a saving on last year of £150. A very happy bunny. :dance:

Yep Chas I'm with you on the AF thing. The only grip[e I have with them is the length of time waiting on the phone but the end result is usually worth it.

Andy

I went with Hastings Direct this last year at £261 FC. Quite pleased with the price which also included charges for "Arrangement Fee".....£20 and "Call Center Arrangement" £12.50. Eh??

I've quit from Flux and gone with NFU, a lot of the additional bolt on items over and above the Flux premium is included as standard with NFU and no "arrangement fee". The other reason for moving away is that Flux use a claims handling company which doesn't have a good reputation when you need to rely on insurance. NFU are a smidgen cheaper on the premium but reckon I've got better value for money.

NFU get a big :thumbup: from me too, they also cover Morocco which for me is a big bonus.

Funnily enough, Ive had 2 non-blame claims in the last few years, once when my LJ78 was totalled, and once when the missus D4 got damaged in a car park.

On both occasions Ive used the other parties claim service (so not my own insurance). At the start of the conversation Ive explained that I know its cheaper for them that way so expect the matter to be dealt with quickly and realistically on their part. For the LJ I did really well, and the missus D4 got repaired by Land Rover whereas my own insurance wanted to use their own repair centre.

With my current ongoing claim (against me) AF simply passed me on to my insurance company.

Knowing how the system works is advantageous.

Im happy with AF, other than looong phone wait on an 0845 number, but.......as with all such numbers, look for the Overseas Caller number, it will be a UK landline!

Pete

Pete, is that the claim with the twat on a bike, I thought that would be a non starter with your video evidence, especially with the "witness" looking the other way!

John

Im happy with AF, other than looong phone wait on an 0845 number, but.......as with all such numbers, look for the Overseas Caller number, it will be a UK landline!

Pete

Use this site: http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
Almost always works. You normally get through to a bored lady on the switchboard and ask them to put you through.
I don't often have access to a landline and to call the 0845 number from a cell phone is a rip off.

Pete , just seen your post on the other thread - what a pi55 take!!

John

Back