Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Printer advise needed

joinerman

Garage
Got a new lappy & my printer won't install, bit of an old dinorsor, i want a printer/copier/scanner all in one, now i know there's cheapies on the market but the the ink's a fortune, any advise on a machine with reasonable cost ink.

Nope - one of the most expensive commodities is inkjet ink. Comes to something stupid like £1500 per litre.

I have a Canon which is great - each ink is in its own tank so you don't have to throw out half-used cartridges.

Cheers

Get the cheapest colour laser you can find and bin it when you need to change the toner.

I wanted decent quality and speed, with reasonable print costs from a wireless printer. Ended up with a HP8500a after seeing it in a Which review. So far I'm very happy with it (been about a year).

Epson SX545W are as good as any, not expensive to buy th eprinter, ink isnt the cheapest but you can get non-manufacturer cartridges for about 30% less.

Makro have got an hp scanner,fax,printer and copier for £40+vat and it is wireless.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm using fleabay cartridges for my Samsung laser for the second time. Paid £80 for the wireless printer from PC World, new cartridges are about 60-80 each (needs 4). The prints are the same quality as normal. If they fade over time that's fine because they're only printing customer invoices :whistle: (Proof? What proof?)
I figure if they make the printer explode and kill the planet like the manufacture tells you they will, I'll buy another printer. Weird that a printer is seen as disposable...

I have a Epson all in one (Printer, scanner, fax, coffee maker) which I paid about 120 for. It is very good at all tasks. TBH, buy the cheapest printer you can which ticks all the boxes. The expensive ones might pay for themselves in an office environment but for home use, cheap and cheerful.

Just get a wireless router that has a usb port on it and run any printer you like. This is what I do. The Belkin on I have has 2 usb ports so I run a Colour HP laser and a HP 1220 A3 printer from it at the same time and both wireless.

Before you buy a new printer have you gone on to the support section of your punter's manufacturers website and downloaded the latest drivers for your operating system on your new laptop?

I'm back, thanks for all your replies, some good info, yes rob been to manufacturers web site, no longer supported , told you it was old.

Get an HP Laser. Stable, fast, user friendly, sturdy, doesn't mind being left unused for periods.

Ink is generally a hassle unless you need high quality proffesional photos, which you normally don't get from an all-in-one anyhow.

Back