Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 80: Codename Grey Ghost

Use the crimp connectors at work even for joining wires, not allowed to solder but the crimps do a great job. Quicker too imo.
I've got a similar set of crimping pliers but mac tools.

I do like neat and tidy wiring, good job Chris

Went to wire in my KC Daylighters today. The relay has basically fallen to bits. So did lots of little tidy up jobs on both Cruiser and sorted a squeak on my Mate's Hilux. Also tidied the garage out again. Just need that nice weather and I shall be getting stuck in.

Another delivery today and have to say I am pretty chuffed.

Been struggling with what to do on the roof rack and then I found someone who could make me a custom roof box. Made precisely to my dimensions. I could have gone for a square box, but I like the notion of having some sort of drag reduction. Ja, right. I know.

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 14.55.55.jpg

It's all alloy, thick lid that will take a normal person's weight. I might put solar panels on there or maybe shovel, tools etc.
Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 14.56.28.jpg

It has weather and dust proof locks, fully welded seams.

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 14.56.49.jpg

Certainly not a brick shaped as the tent.

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 14.57.03.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 14.57.16.jpg

There is room to undo the zip on the tent but it's tight. Waffle boards might go in there but I have other ideas for those.

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 14.57.29.jpg

Pop top!

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 14.57.39.jpg

Two gas struts to help opening and a full weather seal

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 14.57.51.jpg

Now this isn't what I am going to put in there, but the table does fit in there and so do the waffles.

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 14.58.01.jpg

I really want it for things like chairs, gas bottle tools maybe. It just means that stuff is harder to nick and it's not in the truck falling out every time I open the door.

Now, what I do want to do, is put the waffles under the box on the rack. I could raise it so that they slide under. Or. OR. OR .....

I might put the box on sliders so that it can move forward with the waffles underneath. This means that I can also slide it forward so that it doesn't obscure the front window on the tent.

May not be everyone's cuppa, but it's a practical storage solution that gives me peace of mind. I may put grab handles on the side to so that I can use them when standing on the sliders.

Proper neat Chris, I'd like something like that if my Maggi tent wasn't taking up the whole area of my rack.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Also great if I ever need to carry large wedges of cheese.

:animals-mouse:

Looking good Chris , I recon another 2 mpg with that on

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah, but is that 2 mpg better or worse!

Like that, nice job :)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

I've seen it all now - a go-faster box! :lol:

Seriously, that truck is looking very cool now.....:icon-cool:

Oh btw if anyone mentions 'group buy', I shall stab them in the lungs with a rusty spoon.

Go buy your own.

Not sure about go faster, but it does keep the weather off the tent when it's pouring.

did you get it from N&J aluminium linings? who made my canopy, as they make that sort of thing all the time

Nice one Chris, it certainly looks the business and acts as an anti-drag profile for the tent! Good size too, very useful... :thumbup:

No Andy, I didn't. I know NJ but this was a completely unexpected source. And frankly a cracking price too.

Bet you say that to all the girls.

Not far from you either.

Hey I am up in York on Monday opening a new branch. Get your Lass in there buying stuff. I need the bonus. Ho ho.

Bet you say that to all the girls.

Not far from you either.

Hey I am up in York on Monday opening a new branch. Get your Lass in there buying stuff. I need the bonus. Ho ho.

If i wasn't working could've popped in for a cuppa.
Depends what they sell, she only buys 4x4 bits (well according to her card statement lol)

Can't say as we sell a great deal of off road kit. But for all of the other stuff in there for a long trip we sell nice bedding and good cookware etc.

like that, dare I ask how much and where? (sorry, cheeky question I know but looks like a useful solution to my rack storage problems!! Could use it to store my airbeam tent, amongst other things!!

Back