Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

PTO Winch WANTED

Saulens4x4

Country Flag
lithuania
Hello, i am searching for pto winch set for my HDJ80. It can be separately pto unit, winch. Can someone help me with that?
20140110_202919.jpg

Damn, I gave mine away when I removed it and I've found out since that they're a rare as hens teeth! :doh: Sorry, can't help.:icon-rolleyes:

I saw one come up on e bay. Thought I'd have it to drive a pump for a hydraulic winch. It went for way more than I was prepared to pay.

I've got one (not currently for sale) - so how much do these things go for then?? :think:

Saulens - let me know if you need any pictures of mine...

I saw one come up on e bay. Thought I'd have it to drive a pump for a hydraulic winch. It went for way more than I was prepared to pay.
I have the PTO bolt on bit from my green 80 that I got for that purpose Chris and give it a thought every now and again but you'd be better off rigging something on the engine I think. An actual PTO winch like Justin has would be interesting to have, they seem pretty rare, no idea what they're worth because apart from being rare they do have some disadvantages.

I've never been a fan of the PTO winches because you cant winch and drive at the same time, which is what I would normally do when stuck off road. :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have fitted the factory PTO, here's the gearbox (replaces the cover you show in your picture):
PTO.jpg
This connects to a 3 segment drive shaft (the pillow blocks that support the drive shaft can also be seen):

PTO-DriveShaft.jpg

This all connects to the PTO winch...

Which is hiding behind my front bumper, I'm currently finishing my BEB's (and checking the engine over as I found swarf in there...:cry:) - so you'll have to be patient for any more pics :icon-wink:

Any news about pto winch setup for my HDJ80, anybody seen anything for sale anywhere? :icon-biggrin:
Have found one in Spain, but it was too late... :icon-sad:
Imagen2.jpg

Hmm I think that is the one I bought down the road from me......nah only kidding, I would have if I had seen it!!

regards

Dave

Finally got the pto winch, i am happy now :icon-biggrin: its really hard to find item.20140419_184530.jpg20140419_174412.jpg20140419_123644.jpg
now i have some interesting job in my garage.

That's it! Just the same as the one I gave away, complete with prop shaft and gearbox take-off! I swapped the whole gubbins just for the gearbox blanking cover :icon-rolleyes: :doh:

PS Please take care. The last time I used mine, I broke it. Somehow the winch cable jumped the drum on the drive side, and wrapped around the body casting and broke off a piece of the casting. That's why I gave it up. I'm sure someone's repaired it by now, but take care that doesn't happen to yours, when you get it running.

I liked it because you could run it at different speeds off the gearbox, the downside is you can't winch and drive at the same time.

Last edited:
i see that the same was happened with this one too, to avoid it in feature little modification is required, i will make a some kind of brackets on the sides of the drum to avoid cable jumping out.

It's strange, because the roller fairlead hould have restrained it, but yes, a couple of guides one each side would prevent it jumping, possibly if some slack comes in the line just at the wrong moment.

Maybe a flair welded onto the drum flanges, to funnel the cable into the drum winding area.

They're very powerful, so if you don't see it happen, they will crush any alloy casting easily.

Last edited:
As requested by Saulens4x4, I've taken a couple of pics of the axle mounts...

Front Mount
Forward Mount.jpg

Aft Mount
Aft Mount.JPG

Hopefully these will appear ok.

If you need any additional information I can take some better pictures on the week-end (struggled for time this w/e).

Hope this helps...

Back