Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pumped onboard drinking water.

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
I have a had a 35 litre aluminium tank made for the rear of the LC and are in the process of 'plumbing it in'. Does anyone know if these (link) are 'lift' pumps? The pump is to be mounted on the bulkhead behind where the rear seats normally reside, it will be about 500mm above the tank so will need to 'lift' the water as the tank outlet is at the top.

Nothing in the ad suggests it is or isn't :think:

$T2eC16J,!ysE9sy0hCS3BR0rDQ1hVQ~~60_57.JPG

Wish I'd seen this earlier I could have tried it for you. I have a pump the same (different make) and a spare one. I could have stuck a hose on and dropped it in a bucket of water but the truck is back in its storage again. Mine is gravity fed essentially so doesn't need priming. I'd think though having used it that it would self prime and lift half a meter of water. Earliest I can try is next weekend I'm afraid.

Thanks Chris, if you could have a looksee next weekend that would be good.

I have seen a FloJet pump here that looks the same but are 4x the price, the FloJet is self priming by the look of that set up.

It's a diaphragm pump. By their very nature they are self priming.

Older style fuel pumps were solenoid operated diaphragm pumps. They sucked fuel up via a dip tube in the fuel tank.

It WILL work.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Job jobbed. Mine doesn't make that racket though. But it doesn't fire water quite that far either!

Slightly off topic...........................

Are alluminium tanks OK for water then?

I want to make a water tank for my truck but I was thinking I'd have to use stainless as I thought alluminium tanks go nasty inside and taint the water? :think:

Alluminium would be a lot easier for me though so I'm now hoping that might be an option. :thumbup:

Are there no poly ones available in a suitable size or at least close to suitable? I would say that would be the ideal as that's what the motor home guys use.

Slightly off topic...........................

Are alluminium tanks OK for water then?

I want to make a water tank for my truck but I was thinking I'd have to use stainless as I thought alluminium tanks go nasty inside and taint the water? :think:

Alluminium would be a lot easier for me though so I'm now hoping that might be an option. :thumbup:

I steered away from aluminium as there are UNCONFIRMED questions with regards to Alzheimers....might just be a myth/scare but I went for stainless steel. Some other things you may want to consider is whether to go for clear or opaque plastic if you go that way......pros and cons for both depending on how you intend to use - sunlight can be your enemy. FWIW the Army use black plastic cans

Black plastic (polythene) is used by the camper van builders. Light, strong and stops the water turning green.

Back