registering an import fj45

steve mcc Jun 10, 2019

1. David

David Well-Known Member Supporter

Garage:
    Map
    This is interesting I asked Our friendly Toyota part guy Simon Holden if he could find the build date of my 1979 BJ from the vin plate and bizarrely enough it came back as a 1980, yet when it was in Australia it was registered as a 1979 this seems most odd to me does anyone have any ideas why this might be

7304E2C5-E1B3-44CD-AC9F-AE36BDE9EDBC.jpeg 9E0746D2-DF36-44C9-9199-F7F420C3B377.jpeg

2. steve mcc

steve mcc New Member I am in uk

Map

3. steve mcc

steve mcc New Member I am in uk

Map
    MATE THAT WAS A GOOD LINK I LOGED ON PAY 2 DOLLARS PUT CHASSIS NUMBER IN IT COME BACK WITH THE CORRECT CHASSIS NUMBER AND ENGINE NUMBER AND THE BEST PART STATES THE FIRST MONTH 1979 PRINTED IT ALL OF GOING TO POST OF REGISTRATION FORM OFF NOW SE IF DVLA WILL ACCEPT
    I DID WRITE A LETTER TO TOYOTAS JAPAN THEYT SIAD THEY COULD NOT HELP ME STRANGE BUT LETS SEE HOW I GET ON ILL KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED THANKS

Paddler Ed likes this.
  4. David

Garage:
    Map
    Be very interested to see how you get on with this as I have my BJ40 to register. I now have the same certificate as yours from the Australian Government could be a good couple of quid spent

5. David

Garage:
    Map
    Well I sent my application to the DVLA and they will no accept the certificate from the Australian Government. All they say they will accept is a letter from the manufacturer, why do the have to be such a pain is beyond me.
    Don't suppose anyone on here has a copy of the letter they sent to Toyota so I know how you worded it
    Thanks David

6. outdoordan

outdoordan Member Supporter

Map
    Gawd that's lovely...

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter