Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reliable jungle cruiser...

Garage
I found a couple of photos from the other year -and I suddenly remembered a rather "exiting" :cool: little trip, where I took the (rented!) cruiser on a jungle trip to pick up some interesting plants we had found. We had to cross a lively rock bed river :roll: -and then climb the tracks of the loggers. Red, slippery clayish mud...I clearly remember thinking about how far I would have to walk to find someone with a tractor able to haul me off the mountain again...how stupid it was to engage in this with 4 worn out on road tires :shifty: ...Sometimes it went down 45 degrees where they just pushed some dirt/mud into a small canyon to make a pass -and then 45 degrees up again in wet slippery mud -and thinking that if I could not make it I would pretty possible slide back and NOT stay on the track juuust next to the track where you would experience a 5-10 meter drop/slide into the beautiful green scenery of the small canyon. :thumbdown:

I thought that this would not be possible in my hundy (2500 kg IS a problem in wet, soft and slippery conditions) -but this cruiser with its 500 less kg just ate those tracks without any scandals :cool: . So I must say I am full of respect of the capability of this truck :thumbup:

DSC_0446.JPG

That day the guys are happy that they don't have to carry everything down the mountain

DSC_0438.JPG

It was good for transporting bigger things like a palm ???

There is also a web of old tractor logging tracks criss -crossing the rainforest -and lots of rocky rivers/riverbeds if you are up for an adventure :cool:

Crikey, Denmarks changed !

Rental cars are great, they just seem to do so much more.....

Where were the photos taken?

Pete

I have a friend who lives in Costa Rica, pretty poor place from what she tells me - she lives with a local guy in a fairly rural part of the country.

People are well looked after by the government, unusual for a Central American country.

What were you doing there, work?

Pete

Pete, you are right that it is poor according to our standards, but Costa Rica is pretty good when you consider other Central American countries (as you mention) they actually live longer than we do, so life cannot be that tough? ;)

I have a nursery deep in the rainforest, so I am over there on a regular basis (1-3 times a year).

greetings,

Palm trees?

The lack of an army probably makes costa rica a better place than its neighbours, and lack of drug farms as well I suppose (unless there's something you want to tell us about your nursery :cool: )

Am hoping to get over to Denmark (en route to Norway where we have friends) - want to take a drive up to the spit of sand where the two seas meet, cant remember the name offhand, then do the bridges to Sweden, expensive but only do it once.

Last went there as a kid in the 70's , drove from Oslo, went to Legoland, it was closed.....we were going to climb over the fence but then decided against it.

Regards

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:lol: ...Jumping fences :naughty: ...hope you are better at planning now :ugeek:

Skagen is the name of the tip.....you can actually go there in the LC, since only buses and tractors are prohibited (passing the sand dunes are to soft for regular vehicles!)

About the bridges! :shock: ...only one exists...all the others are between danish islands. From Skagen you pass 3 major bridges and no 2 and 3 you pay to pass (about 28 GBP/bridge) and its about 550 km to enter Sweden from Skagen.

...-and you are welcome to pass by from Skagen ...taking the west coast down, driving about 50 km on the beach is a nice experience :thumbup:

Lars

(PS: I am sure you understand that I cannot reveal anything about our "products" from Costa Rica :shifty:)

Back