Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Remember those MASSIVE inverters we got from Crispin?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
They were Waeco or similar I think. There were some 600 watt ones and some huge ones which were about 2000 from memory. They came out of Sky vans I believe.

Well I sort of need one / have space for one in my trailer. I actually think inverters are a bit over rated now and we have mostly USB stuff, but I'd like to be able to run a kettle actually and the trailer has the battery umph to be able to do that.

So anyone got one they'd like to part with? They were always a touch large for vehicles. I had one already in the trailer, but it seems to have been underwater and is poorly sick. I don't think sparks are supposed to come out of it. Seems appropriate to put something back in the same hole. I have the 600 in the truck and have never used it. But this is a slightly different application.

Ta

C

I have one of those Chris (Was it Crispin we got them from? I seem to remember a Paul?) but I wouldn't want to part with it, I mean how else can I run my microwave? Why do you need a kettle, has the Jet boil broken?

Thanks Chas, that's really helpful. Does anyone else have on they don't want to sell? Ha ha. The Jetboil won't run on electricity Chas, that's the problem :think:

It's just about versatility really. The trailer won't always go with the Overlander. We have 4 cars, all with towbars.

If its versatility you seek, surely a little quiet run Honda genny is what you need.... Yes, it's noisier than an inverter...just... and it probably won't fit in the hole.... but you can move it around and generally do more stuff.....and you did say versatile right?

Hmmmm

Don't suppose any of you out there happen to have one of those large inverters that we bought from Crispin by any chance? :lol:

The Honda inverter generators are, without a doubt, superb. I recommended one to a pal of mine and he's over the moon with it as it will happily run his welder and air compressor without so much as a cough.

Attracts pikeys like honey attracts bees though.

Haven't got a large inverter either, sorry!!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Graham caused a bit of a fuss trying to sell one of Crispins for a profit a good while ago .

Yes it was a bit cheeky. Selling it for more wasn't a crime, but trying to sell it on HERE was a mistake.

No, not really. They were Mastervolt ones and really high end spec. professional series.

That looks tidy enough as do many other 100's out there, but I don't know that maker. Mastervolt, Waeco, Stirling and Victron are certainly top of the range kit to name a few. I have my eye one something on e bay at the second in case no one else has one they want to off load. They were so huge that people struggled to build them in then realised that everything was USB powered now.

They were Mastervolt 2K pure sine. Yes I know I can buy one elsewhere, but we got them for a bargain price and if anyone had one sitting there that they wanted to get their money back on it would have been sweet.

Back