Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacement Key

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
I went to my local Timpsons today to get them to cut a replacement key for my 2001 Cruiser. Unfortunately, although the key goes into the ignition it won't turn. The chap in Timpsons said that he can order a pre-cut key from Toyota which will cost £15.50 on top of the £25.00 I have already paid them. Has anyone had issues of getting a new key cut for an older vehicle?

No, I cheated when my ignition barrel wore out I purchased a full lock set replacement from Toyota and replaced all locks, got 5 keys with the set lol.

No, I cheated when my ignition barrel wore out I purchased a full lock set replacement from Toyota and replaced all locks, got 5 keys with the set lol.

That must have been pricey!

I got a new key from the local Toyota dealer for my '98 80 for £50 including programming but that was over 10 years ago now. The keys have a built in transponder for the immobiliser so a non-OEM key cut locally wasn't an option.

Ive sold a couple of complete key and lock sets for the 80 series. £350.
5 keys, ignition barrel, all locks including glove box and tail gate.

That must have been pricey!

If I remember corrctly it was in the region of £240.00 thanks to Simon Holton of Steven Eagle fame, more years ago now than I care to recall.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back