Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reversing Light

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Those with a 90/95 will know how pants the reverse light is, being just a single light on the l/h side (as you look from the rear). I have just fitted a 15w 5 LED work light with some 1350 lumens.

IMG_0746 (800x533).jpg

I will wait to see if it helps when it gets dark
Dead easy to do, cheap (£14.99) and a really solid little unit made of cast Ally.
And yes that is a mix of Rust and Dordogne mud......

Steve

Last edited:
Good idea that and a lot cheaper than what i did which was buy new lights with three bulbs each in them , then found out i had to run a wire from the left hand reverse light to the right side light anyway to make it work . When you check it tonight make sure it won't dazzle anyone if you select reverse on a main road coz i imagine you could get done for that .

Just done a check and yes, its 1 million times better - its right below the bumper so if it dazzels anyone they might slow down.....any way, there isnt anyone around here after 5pm, we are in th eback of beyond :)
Steve

Every time I see a thread about up-rated reversing lights it reminds me that I never got around to finishing off my own thread about them, maybe I'll do that today :)

That looks like a nice little light unit you have there, though its low mounting point would worry me about its longevity with my own style of driving;

I always seem to have my back end in something!

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

Last edited:
Its tucked up above the bottom of the tow bar mount - which is a triangular shaped one, not a square one like yours - hang on I will go take a shot.....

IMG_0787 (800x518).jpg

If I take that out I think I will be pretty stuffed! :) :shock:
Steve

Here you go, black outside so a couple of 'action' shots -
IMG_0792 (800x533).jpg
IMG_0789 (800x533).jpg

It shines down the garden about 20-30 m too!
Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
preferring to reverse in rather than out i have about 75 meters of uphill track to negotiate in the dark.The first bit has a bend in it so ive put a solar lamp on the apex to help turning in - also with the poor standard light ive found that turning off the headlights , putting on the foglight & dimming dashlights all helps - wine is useless as a reverse parking aid

Back