Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Right. That's it. I have officially had enough and now I'm ...

That's the sort of thing Ben. I had something like that until recently. Probably older than me. But it really had given up the ghost. The Record No 25 would be sort of thing.

Thanks Jon, but don't you already have a lovely bench? Missus Chris is going to look for a bar stool for me today so I can sit and sort my nuts out in comfort.

Oh just in case it's any use to anyone, here's the cutting list. Total delivered cost was £195. Overhang on the table for clamping and clearance over pipes etc was 75mm Easy to modify the list to make a different size but it gives you an idea. I do have a Sketchup of a 2 m one.

SizeQtyLengthDesc
50x50x34950Leg
50x50x321350Main beam
50x50x36750Cross brace
50x50x321250Leg brace
50x50x33383Infill brace
10mm11500 x 1000Table top

Well it could be my first project Gav

As long as you can get your nuts comfy :D

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

:what: not making one!?! :p

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I thought that!

In all the welding bays at college they have stools they've made themselves from metal. Work really well and obviously don't get damaged by hot sparks. :icon-ugeek:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Probably a bit old and worn for you, but I have this in my garage.

IMG_20140112_125828.jpg

IMG_20140112_125848.jpg

IMG_20140112_130000.jpg

Andy, as always that is very kind of you to offer. However, I suspect that as you were posting that, I was busy nailing on Mr Chang's Chinese copy.

IMG_0638.JPG

Hand drilling 10mm plate was fun. Think the cordless took a bit of a beating there.

Laid in some power sockets too. What a difference that makes to things.

IMG_0637.JPG

But most of all, and too the current Mrs Chris' delight, I had a real good bash at my nuts. And bolts. And odd things that will come in handy one day. Pretty much and entire 80's worth in these boxes.

Sooo handy having spare Toyota bolts etc. Karl if you are looking in, ever though of chucking all the bolts in a bucket when you strip an 80 and selling them? I would think that there'd be quite a few people who'd appreciate a bucket of genuine replacement fixings.

IMG_0639.JPG

My bench is just like that, it's lovely and sturdy, it's even bolted down so you can really wrestle with stuff.
I haven't seen it for a while, with hindsight I shouldn't have built it at the back of the garage.....
That's my excuse for working on a b&d workmate with the vice loose on the floor lol.

I'm never going to read any more posts on this thread...:eusa-snooty:

Sooo handy having spare Toyota bolts etc. Karl if you are looking in, ever though of chucking all the bolts in a bucket when you strip an 80 and selling them? I would think that there'd be quite a few people who'd appreciate a bucket of genuine replacement fixings.

I've thought that before - there is definitely a demand for it! Would be easy enough to just sell by the kilogram of assorted bolts?

I kept most of the bolts from my green 80, very handy. Just the other day we thought we were going to shear a chassis end panhard rod bolt on Ray's 80 - no problem quick shufty in the bolts bins to check a spare was available and we were free to shear away :icon-cool:

Good work with the bench Chris. :thumbup: It looks like its strong enough to park an LC on!!.

The challenge now will be keeping it clear of stuff :)

Back