Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rubber scrub, scrub!!!!!! :(

Macabyte

First up i have a 100 Series 4.2 Turbo Diesel Wagon year 2000 - my question is that i brought the cruiser with 170,000 on the clock and have now done 265,000. I have replaced all the tyers at around 220,000 with maxis. I have noticed that the front left outer tyer scrubs out. I have been rotating the tyers to compensate the wear, i also noticed that the previous tyers wore on the outer edge. A wheel alignment from Tyerpower did not raise any issues as i mentioned my concern. My Auto pro dealer does not know of any issues either. The tyers will need replacing soon. Doh! Does anyone here know of wear issues with the cruisers - this is only on the left front outer tyer, all other tyers are wearing great.
Thanks in advance for your help :)

I assume you're in the uk. The wear pattern is best described and caused by enthusiastic driving around roundabouts.

Seriously.

Giday there Gary, I live in Australia and the town where i live has 2 roundabouts other than that its all bush and 110 kmh highways. Thanks for the response - i did read some where that road camber was an issue but None of my mates fourbys are experiencing anything of the sort.

Yeah, power steering.

Best way to stop the tyres scuffing is to drop off the power steering belts.

Gra.

Ok then - that's a tad weird and suggests something mechanical / alignment / lift related ?

I agree with Gary, 100 has IFS so perhaps there is some where that an adjustment can be made?
On another note my 80 wears the outer edge of the front left tyre by about 50% more than the front right.
Then again I do live in Milton Keynes (Land of concrete cows and roundabouts) and I do drive enthusiastically ;)
It can be entertaining frustrating the Landy brigade :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats very good Julian - a new name for Landies......roundabouts!

Back