Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Satellite Phone

Jon Wildsmith said:
or try it out next time you're near a sat phone
That sounds like a plan for the next meet up Jon ;)

I was just looking at the two of them - I'll get a case to protect the 2150 rather than pay for the XT :lol:

Satcom have a pdf outlining the Thuraya sim charges: http://www.satcomgroup.com/satcom/image ... ry2010.pdf AFAIK the units are US $. I think running my Thuraya sim costs me about £50 a year with the yearly fee plus a few phone calls and txt when I'm away. I still have 159 units credit from charging it up to go to France last year and then not needing it! It's useful to know I can put my gsm sim in if I need to but I don't see it replacing my Thuraya sim any time soon.

24Seven said:
Hello Darren, thanks for the info.

Do you search the internet for questions about Orange then?, fantastic service if you do :mrgreen:
Hi 24seven. Yes, we are a small team aimed at helping our customers primarily through Facebook and Twitter, but also through third party forums such as this one. Although we can’t catch every query, we try to help where we can. :)

Gav Peter said:
So let me get this right...

To get fully working satellite phone system, I can go get any Orange pay as you go deal from tescos or the likes & then pop the sim into a Thuraya hand unit & then I will have sat phone capability... Just like that...
Gav Peter, I can only confirm that an Orange Pay Monthly SIM card should work in a Thurya satellite phone. We currently have no plans to support this on our Pay As You Go service.

Hope this helps.

Darren from Orange Helpers
Twitter: @OrangeHelpers
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OrangeUK

Orange Helpers said:
Hi 24seven. Yes, we are a small team aimed at helping our customers primarily through Facebook and Twitter, but also through third party forums such as this one. Although we can’t catch every query, we try to help where we can. :)

Well done Orange and thanks again Darren :clap:

Hi

have you heard somethings about Inmarsat and B.gan Explorer 300 ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have brought a thuraya sat phone and have put my orrange sim in and i have had no joy. Anyone know if i have to change any settings on the phone to allow it to work? Thanks
karl

My pay monthly orange sim will not work on my thuraya 701 sat phone handset :snooty:

Not yet jon

The bloke who i brought the phone off has offerd me the sim for 20 pounds unsure if there is any credit on it though

Well if you haven't sorted it in a few weeks time you can try mine in it ;)

UPDATE ALL

My orange pay monthly sim card does work in my sat phone..... GET IN :dance: :dance:

To bring this one back to life.

Any updates on good phones and/contracts? Might need one soon.

Back