Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Satnav turn-by-turn display

Gorse

Country Flag
great_britain
According to my 65 plate Lan d Cruiser vehicle manual (see first picture) I should be able to see turn-by-turn instructions from the satnav on the instrument cluster, directly in front of the driver. I had this on my previous car (VW Passat) and found it very useful, as you don't have to keep looking over at the main screen to see the next turn information. However, no matter how much I've tried changing various settings, I can't get this function to appear. Does anyone have any experience of using or enabling this feature?
2018-10-02 18.36.47.png

The manual says it should appear in the list of customisable options (see second picture) but it doesn't.
I've asked a technician at my local dealer, but he had no idea about any of the customisable options, let alone this one.
2018-10-02 18.37.41.png

I'm therefore left to assume my car doesn't have this feature, so I don't understand why it would be shown in the manual as a standard feature (I have the satnav on the main screen), which is really annoying me!

If someone knows how to enable it I'd be so happy!? Alternatively, is there a piece of kit I can get to plug in to change the customisable settings, as there are many times more shown in the manual than I have available in the car.

Thank you very much for any information you can provide.

It may be a country specific set of options. In other words it may be available to other countries but not the UK due to driving laws.
I have no idea if this is the case but it seems likely. Techstream software is used on the 100 series for various things. Don’t know whether that extends to the sat nav or opening options. @Jon Wildsmith might know as he has a 100 series (I assume yours is a 100?)

Edit, just seen you have ‘invincible’ in your signature line so that sounds like a 120 so I’m even more out of my depth.
Sorry Jon, I may have summoned you up in vain.

It's a 65 plate which I believe makes it a 150? I'm not fully clued up on the numbering system though. What I do know is that this particular function is either not against our driving laws, or my previous car was sold breaking those driving laws!

It's a 65 plate which I believe makes it a 150? I'm not fully clued up on the numbering system though. What I do know is that this particular function is either not against our driving laws, or my previous car was sold breaking those driving laws!
In which case I have no idea except that your VIN plate on the bulkhead under the bonnet will give you your model number and all manner of other info about the vehicle.

Good luck with your quest.

I have that in my manual as well and the option doesn't show up in the settings. As StarCruiser mentioned, it might be available for other countries/regions.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
in my experience you have to take the manual with a pinch of salt. Each one seems to have been written to cover a broad range of models and some thing may be applicable to your model and others won't.

Yep, looks that way. Would be nice if they made it clear if certain bits aren't relevant to certain people, though I can't think of anything else like this that I've read. Oh well. Thanks for your inputs.

Back