Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scepter Jerry cans

I like the idea of that fuel transfer pump :thumbup: , a bit pricey though :thumbdown: .

If you have already got an air compressor of sorts you could make your own.

24Seven said:
If you have already got an air compressor of sorts you could make your own.
I like that idea.... T-Max does 170L/m. :D (I know it won't obtain that with the transfer :mrgreen: )

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What is this "tip" of which you speak? Does it run off the battery or do you need something else? :mrgreen:

Jon Wildsmith said:
or just tip it in!
Because of my back problem and being unable to lift heavy objects, until I can get a transfer pump of some sort I have made up a short length of rope with a hook at each end to run over a cleat bolted to the back of my roof rack and I hook one end underneath the rear bumper and the other end round the jerry can handle, it holds it at the correct height to take the weight while re-filling the fuel tank, :thumbup:

I got two 10 litre containers from halfords that are much easier to handle than the single 20 litre one I had... They fit in the truck much neater as well :thumbup:

I haven't worked out quite how to power the tipping process just as of now though... :oops:

Could you not strap a few bungee cords to the roof rack and can handle? With the right combination, the tank would weigh very little. As it drains though you would have to start pushing it down :mrgreen:

Crispin said:
As it drains though you would have to start pushing it down :mrgreen:
Get it wrong though and it goes all down the side of the truck :lol: :lol:

for a small fuel dump I'd probably go with 4 10lt cans instead of 2 20l just so they're easier to handle and if they end up on your roof they're lower profile as well. Is the seal on the scepter cans as reliable as jerry cans?

Back