Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Should my LC have remote central locking

Andy200

Country Flag
uk
On my 93 diesel lc it has the central locking and a Toyota alarm system. The problem is that if i unlock any other lock apart from the drivers door the alarm goes of also it doesn't open the rest of the car. Any help appreciated.

Andy

AFAIR my 12V was the same, only the drivers door activates the central locking system. If the alarm is active, opening any door will activate it. Its a fair time since I had it though.

I believe mine was the same, but without an alarm, just central locking activated from the drivers door.

When I bought it, an aftermarket alarm had been fitted, wired in so that the remote operates the central locking and the alarm, simultaneously.

Mine's a European spec 1995 12 valve HZJ 80 BTW.

Hope this may explain a few things.

Cheers guys cleared it up for me. I had spoken to Toyota and they couldn't tell me if it should have a remote fob or not. I'll look at a remote after market kit.

It is not uncommon for manufacturers to only fit a 'master' control to the drivers door. I fitted a decent alarm and controlled the CL from the wiring in the drivers door, took me ages to find the right connection but finally got it.

regards

Dave

Back