Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Simon TLOCUK

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello all,

I still can't get onto the other Land Cruiser site, no matter which browser.

Not that there is much on there that isn't already on here in a much bigger scale, however, I do get a few PM's which I can't reply to.

The site is not available, it may be that Simon has blocked all contact from China, due to spammers, I don't know.

If this is the case, then I feel it is quite unfair of Simon, as I was, and still am a paid up member.
There again, it may have nothing to do with Simon, and it is out of his control, and if thats teh case, he should look t osee if there is some thing on his site which is causing the Chinese to block him,,,,

So if some one can post this post for me on TLOCK, just to let who ever is sending me PM's that I am not ignoring them, it's just that for some reason, there is no access.

Thanks,

Gra.

Attachments

• BIC.jpg
    BIC.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 104
  • No go.jpg
    No go.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 81
Just tried it; it works.

I know that one of the other car forums I use has blocked Chinese IP's as they don't want the spammers.

HTH

Tried loads,

Gra.

Attachments

• HMA.jpg
    HMA.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 278
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gra,
Looks more like a China block than a Simon block.

You're most likely all ready aware but you can use VPN software to hide the fact that your in China.

I use one called Strong VPN, they quite often have posts mentioning use of it in China

Cheers

Gra,
Looks more like a China block than a Simon block.

You're most likely all ready aware but you can use VPN software to hide the fact that your in China.

I use one called Strong VPN, they quite often have posts mentioning use of it in China

Cheers
Hi Grant,

If I had a pound for every time some one told me I could use a VPN, then I would ve quite rich.

Honestly Grant, they have their ways of finding them, don't ask me how, but they are shut down before they even get started.

The Chinese IT bod's are very efficient, I will give tham that.

I was able to use some VPN a few years ago, but not now.
Not for at least a year any way.

Thanks,

Gra.

PS, if you can email me what you think will work, I would be happier,

I've no idea how its done or even if its true but i've heard it said that you can link up your I.P Address with various websites set up just for that purpose and so your location will be detected as being there rather than wherever you actually are . Could all be nonsense but it might give a computer geek an idea of how to get around China's censorship ?

Christ it really is quiet over there isn't it. Just made my first post on there since Chris told me about here back in FEB 2011. I didn't feel that other Cruiser drivers should suffer at the hands of an ass. Then again I linked to a thread here so that will probably be me banned soon. lol

Me to Chris, i left a link to here, didn't last long but no ban, yet !!!!!

Christ it really is quiet over there isn't it. Just made my first post on there since Chris told me about here back in FEB 2011. I didn't feel that other Cruiser drivers should suffer at the hands of an ass. Then again I linked to a thread here so that will probably be me banned soon. lol

I think I found the "other" site first, and then migrated to here. Not sure why exactly, but this one felt friendlier.

Even though in the time I've been on here I've not owned a 'Cruiser, and won't have one until June at the earliest when I get back to Aus (and even then it might be a Toyota 4Runner) I think it's a nice friendly site with a lot of knowledge. I'll still use it when I get to Aus, as there is so much knowledge and info on here that there isn't anywhere else.

I go on both, no issues had over there for me and lifes too short to worry about tinternet woes

I just kinda lost interest on the other side. I find it hard to keep up with 1 forum never mind 2. I like to drop bits of info across there but the atmosphere over here is so much better. "Man I love you Guys." lol

Never go there since I was banned.

Back