Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Slow acceleration from start

mussy

Long story made short. I am experiencing extremely slow acceleration from a standing start. I have a auto fault code 6.2 which indicates a fault #1 gearbox solenoid or connection issue for that solenoid.

Could this be the cause? Anything else I should consider? Where can I source the parts?

Thanks as always.

Mussy

Long story made short. I am experiencing extremely slow acceleration from a standing start. I have a auto fault code 6.2 which indicates a fault #1 gearbox solenoid or connection issue for that solenoid.

Could this be the cause? Anything else I should consider? Where can I source the parts?

Thanks as always.

Mussy

Vehicle is 94 VX auto

Mine was doing this is was one duff solenoid & one blocked one. Easy enough job to change & clean the pan out. Finding the right solenoid was the issue.

Forgot to add, mine was pulling away in 2nd, manually selecting 1st which worked & confirmed a faulty solenoid.

Yes, solenoids actually quite easy to get to. If they fail electrically that can be checked without even taking the pan off. I had to do this a long time ago; you can check the circuit somewhere in the foot well with a meter. If they are somehow blocked with gunge then taking them off and cleaning them wouldn't be major. Not heard of that though.

Back