Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snap

I guess it must be. Certainly see the gritters out before any night the temperature is predicted to be close to 0C round here. Had to chuckle when readin PradoPoint the other day and someone describing a noisy engine when they start on cold mornings; cold mornings being 10C or less!

I live on a farm accesses from an unmade road so I do get a load of dust and mud sticking to crevices. I do wash under the car a lot, but there are areas you won't get at unless the car is on ramps and you can stand underneath it. I've always concentrated on the suspension mounts though, so that hasn't helped loads! Noticed yesterday I have a small hole in the sill too! There's no external corrosion around that.
I guess it must be. Certainly see the gritters out before any night the temperature is predicted to be close to 0C round here. Had to chuckle when readin PradoPoint the other day and someone describing a noisy engine when they start on cold mornings; cold mornings being 10C or less!

I live on a farm accesses from an unmade road so I do get a load of dust and mud sticking to crevices. I do wash under the car a lot, but there are areas you won't get at unless the car is on ramps and you can stand underneath it. I've always concentrated on the suspension mounts though, so that hasn't helped loads! Noticed yesterday I have a small hole in the sill too! There's no external corrosion around that.

I have some long time friends who are long time land rover enthusiasists.
they have over the years done a lot of off road and ocean beach driving.
their rust prevention was to pump waste oil into all the box sections and cavities in the wagon and if they had been out for a long stay,a water blast when home and more waste oil pumped in.They were transport operators so the oil wasn't a problem. It gave good results.

Waste oil isn't hard for me to come by but I've just never found much rot comes from within. I had a look in my chassis legs with a little USB endoscope camera I have. They hardly have any surface rust. Clearly there must be some in my sill though!

Back