Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkel recommendations please

Andy200

Country Flag
uk
I have been trying to purchase a Safari snorkel for the LC but to no avail. Nowhere has them in stock and won't be getting them till at least January. I've looked at the Ironman ones but read conflicting reports on them so is there another descent one.
Cheers Andy

Im thinking about getting a genuine 80 one tbh.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've always opted for non-branded ones. Functionally, I can't see how Safari or any other could do a better job than any other, it just comes down to the durability of materials and how well it fits the contours of the wing.

You have to be careful though, because even the we'll made copies sometimes come with a crappy template and fitting becomes a nightmare.

This one gets my vote - not the cheapest but went on like a dream and looks, feels great.

http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/toyota-land-cruiser-fj80-snorkel

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

A friend has a similar one, the flat top apparently is a great place to put your cup of T while it cools off, that makes it a deal breaker for me. :icon-biggrin:

regards

Dave

Are the round top ones not better because they have a collector for heavy particles like sand etc. I was going to fit one but I dont see how you ever end up in water that deep because you cannot really check depth one its over your head anyway. Unless you are going to do extreme offroad and take your carpets out etc is it worth having a hole on the wing? had thought about a few times then talked myself out of it. Again if you are not going serious offroading then a cheaper one isn't likely to fall off either

I won't be doing extreme off roading but I have seen so many suck water in by accident im not taking the risk. I've done Corwen car wash a couple of times and it's been over the bonnet on my Defender.

I would not worry about heavier particles, the collect in the little container at the bottom of the air filter canister...you know the one that most do not know exists. :icon-biggrin:

I keep mulling over the snorkel but also have lazy moments and give her a quick jet wash and then out her in the 'autolavadoro' I can see that brushes and the snorkel having a falling out.

regards

Dave

regards

Dave

Back