Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkels

Never seen them before Carl...

Have you tried alienguy for a price?

yeah ... i asked the alien guy a few weeks ago ... they weren't available ...and wouldn't be for some time

Looks like you're onto new ground then amigo :o

Have you had a chat with Jim (Jimbo4x4) about where he got his from?

I'm interested in this thread, need one for my 70 and those prices look keen

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can't remember how much Jim paid for his but it was/is a good quality bit of kit as I recall from when we fitted it.

Just in case you can't find it, here's the thread - Jim's snorkel install

There is a link to the eBay auction that he got it from but its long since defunct... Gepetto Autos?? Sommat like that in Transylvania...

Excellent ... Cheers Gav :thumbup: :thumbup:

that's a great write up too :thumbup:

gepetto_automobile

no longer a registered e-bay user! :thumbdown:

I'm also on the lookout for a supplier and a price. Might just ask for a hand in fitting it after I source one.....eh Jim / Gav?! :shh: ;)

Red Oktober said:
Excellent ... Cheers Gav :thumbup: :thumbup:

that's a great write up too :thumbup:
Nae worries dude - let us know how you get on with the Spanish supplier :cool:

revs4x4 said:
Might just ask for a hand in fitting it after I source one.....eh Jim / Gav?!
The biggest hurdle is mustering the bottle to throw that big tank cutter at the wing!!! It certainly helps to have someone standing next to you... Bring it on!!!

When I fitted Muxley's schnork, I thought I would try to be elegant & not drill such huge holes in the wing for the fixing bolts as per the instructions - Ø16mm for 8 or 10mm bolts seemed wrong somehow... I ended up spending extra time opening them all out so I could get the damn thing lined up properly :twisted: It matters [strike:24qj9y33]nought[/strike:24qj9y33] [strike:24qj9y33]naught[/strike:24qj9y33] not a jot either way as the body of the schnork hides them once its installed :doh:

Hoping to be out your way in the next few days with the caravan - whats the weather looking like out there dude?

hanging on for dear life tonight in this wind and rain!! :thumbdown:

where abouts are you thinking of going and when?

Uh oh - it was like that for the last few days when we camped at Easter earlier in the year... I thought the awning was coming down for sure!!!

We've stayed at a site called Y Fronydd (sp.) near Capel Mawr a couple of times - nice freindly site & not too expensive :cool: but it looks as though he's full...

We're hoping to come over this weekend for a fortnight - just going to check the long range 'cast... :pray:

Y Fronydd......Brenda Foulkes. She's lovely! It's around 5 mins up the road from my place :thumbup: :thumbup:

If you are coming down, let me know, I'm sure I can get the barbie going with a few beers :cool:

Ceirion

I'll just see if I can get hold of a snork in the meantime! :lol:

Excellent!!! I'll bring my tank cutter!!! :mrgreen:

What a small world eh Ceirion - I presume thats your name & not a Welsh greeting :lol:

Hoping to get the truck back today & then I can get on with trying to find a site; am holding off booking til I know I can get mobile :oops:

Back to the original thread theme though...

Here's Jim getting all aboriginal on it!!!

29042010890.jpg

Haha! Thanks Gav! :lol: Had to test it out ;)

Revs I get out your way from time to time, would be happy to help with the snorkel over a beer or twelve :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

It turns out rv4x4.net in Chinaland supplied my snorkel to gepetto, you might be able to work something out with them?

Jim.

Back