Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snow Chains............

They are definitely the same make and if they are the same ones they they are a bargain price and worth buying without hesitation! I do remember Giles actually going to the supplier in Kent and trying a number of chain sets out before deciding upon the ones he has. The tread gaps on his BFG KM1's just swallowed any other chain size and would have been infective! I could try to find out the part number for the chains that Giles has, but this may take some time :icon-biggrin:

I guess the key bit is ... are they 16mm chain or even bigger than that? 16mm chain link sounds like it would be pretty beefy.

I have the exact same tyres that your mate has atm ... so is certainly make me think twice before buying them!

The place that those ones you've linked to are being sold by a shop less than a mile from where I live, Motormania Performance Centre.

Just did a trial fitting of these - the chain link definitely has the potential to be lost in the tyres but I think given the angle of the chain across the tread there will always be a fair bit of the chain on top of the tread.

Not quite centred properly in this pic but you get the idea.

20131214_125253.jpg

PA250745.jpg

They look OK, don't they. I put the photo of my m8's ones on for comparison. How much did you pay for them?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lol :lol: The place you bought those from is not a mile from where I live and I was in there at three today getting some oil for the car :icon-smile:

Lol :lol: The place you bought those from is not a mile from where I live and I was in there at three today getting some oil for the car :icon-smile:

Cheaper for you then with no postage!

I managed to grab a bargain as a result of buying these. After purchase there was other suggested items one of which was generic "16mm 470 snow chains." After taking delivery of the above set the markings on them are 470 .. so took a punt and scored another set for £4. Not sure if they are the same brand but they do look quite similar.

With the markings on the package I've managed to trace it back to these ones - the perfect fit. http://www.snowchains.com/basket.asp?productID=5&tyreID=1798

Back