Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snow

Postmans been..
20190131_101729.jpg

Remember coming back on block leave after a long tour of NI wallet full of cash and hairy arsed sqauddie up with me mates around Dursley cant remember the pub but they had a couple of Welsh Collies one was named Tarquin please forgive spelling if wrong well back to tale i did manage seven Inchs lost count after that and bowls of house chilli there were four of us think they ran out of cider one night so we packed our bags and then landed down in Bude to do it all again anyway shame the big corparations buy up the little guys here in shepton we used to have Showerings the makers of Babysham and a few other alcoholic apple drinks been sold a few times since i was a young un but saying that a couple of the Showerings family started again under the Brothers name and are growing slowley bigger Oh and if you get yer farm scrumpy put it outside to freeze over remove the ice layer over a few days and you get left with all the alcohol ver nyze

I agree it’s a shame the big corps have swallowed the independent producers. As a lad I used to drink at a tiny pub called the Bluebell Cier House, which was licensed to sell, but it started as the farmhouse in the orchard. The cider was made on the premises and drunk on the premises. It was bliss. I think Bulmers bought them out, now it’s poncy sweet stuff or raspberry flavored (wtf) or more likely closed down completely.

Fond memories of the dry stuff we got on draft for 2/- a pint.

I could easily drink two inch’s without even thinking it’s alcoholic. It goes down like apple juice. But then boy does it catch up on you. I’m not a massive drinker, but I know I’d have trouble standing up after very little more than that.

Anyway, apologies for the Threadjack. It’s snowing. :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Got about 3 inches of snow at the moment here and Connie is having a good time mouthful of snow and a snort so thought it be fun for her to play find the sausage so tail up and nose down off she went and got all four of them

Fell foul of several pints of Legbender on a night out in Harrogate many years ago. Lost 3 days out of my life recovering from that one!

Got about an inch of snow here and my first call out was daughter , her guy couldn't stop and hit a lampost , almost directly opposite their house :doh: no harm done anyway they were just scared to moved it so i reversed it back up the hill and took it around the other way to park outside their house explaining when its snowing and there's 3 options to get home avoiding a remarkably steep hill might be the best option :lol:

I was still chuckling about it when i near ran into the landrover crowd who were skillfully negotiating a rather insignificant gradient towards the brow of a hill on the wrong side of the road ?

Snow means play time but come on guys when theres still enough traffic on the roads to make the white centre line visible ...................

Its just started to snow here. if the weather forecast is correct, i should have a bit to go playing in the morning

It’s at about 1 1/2” here and still snowing.

Went out for a drive round and there’s a lot of it turning to slush with very few cars about. Nothing to report except the Nokians did very well until I tried heavy braking in a bus stop with virgin Snow. No problem going up or down Arundel hill with nothing locked.
32FCB1B2-295D-4848-8699-868807465D1E.jpeg
9903E1D0-492E-4EA3-BFB0-8F46766FF0B1.jpeg
0A1C2880-78E4-4D31-A7E1-66D7D10F12CD.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a look outside and got around four inches so going to tesco in the cruiser tomorrow to empty the shelves before anyone else can get there and panic buy
Snowing and settling in London SW19 so I might follow your example Steve.

Rich how far are you from the old Devils Dyke that should be a good drive if they have left it untouched

Way this is going its looking very good let Connie out an hour ago and her paw prints have dissapeared and the snow is up to her back elbows at about six inches now And before you go out dont forget to brush the snow off of your roofs dont get mistaken for an Oval driver

Just got in from.0laying on the mendips. Most is 6 inches deep but found some 1m snow drifts to.smash through. Towed 1 car out.

Rich how far are you from the old Devils Dyke that should be a good drive if they have left it untouched
That’s above Brighton probably getting on for an hour away. Brighton usually gets a fair bit of snow if we don’t. It has to come in from the south or south west for us to get it so pretty rare. Went out last night over Bury hill and it was snowing quite well up there but a bit on the wet side. Hearing reports today of jackknifed lorries on the M3 causing traffic chaos and people to abandoned their cars. That has to be pretty miserable.

Back