Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Split Charge System

Blackhawk

Country Flag
great_britain
Hey got a couple of questions about a split charge battery combiner for a Landcruiser Amazon 4.2TD (2000). Tried on tlocuk and got no answers, hopefully you guys can help or point me the right way.

1) Does the dual battery starter set-up affect the positioning of the combiner or make it unusable if I put in a 3rd Auxillary (leisure) battery?

2) How do you calculate the amperage required for the combiner? Currently looking at a 120A Victron Cyrix, I believe the alternator is 120A. Is it worth going up to 225A or is it based on something else entirely?

3) Does anyone have any experience fitting 3 batteries under the bonnet of a 100/Amazon that can suggest a way to fit them all in?

Some other info. I'll be running a couple of lamps, a small fridge and occasionally an inverter off of the leisure battery.

Thanks for any help.

You wont fit 3 batteries under the bonnet !
I had to carry out major work just to fit a 2nd battery and that was just a 100 amp.

I use a Automatic split charge, which detects the volts, when they rise above 13Volts the Relay cut in and then the 2nd battery starts to charge.
I have a rear fuse panel directly onto the 2nd battery which runs the LED lights on the roof, and Fridge, and whatever I plug into the rear sockets.

Brian has a petrol, Black has a diesel; and there's a difference when it comes to available space, 6 in line takes less space than a V8. If you do not have AHC suspension, there is space under the bonnet - there is a thread on that in here somewhere. Maybe put a bit of details on your car in a signature line, so that it's easier to relate... Like AHC, Auto/Manual, Production month and any mods/lift/etc.

Hey guys thanks for the reply, new to the forum and can't seem to find where to add a sig but its 2000 HDJ-100, Diesel, Stock, Auto.
Will do some more forum searches for the post you mentioned, probably just searching the wrong things as usual.

Back