Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

spot 5 glare on windscreen

NickoIrl

hi all
has anyone had a problem with glare from your roof spot lights?
i have a home made roof rack with them fitted directly above the winscreen.
before i go cutting rack is it best to move them more forward or backword to stop this.
tomorrow im going to try fitting cardboard under the lights to see if it stops it, just a tought
thanks all.

I doubt you will stop it, at the end of the day the light is going above your line of bview and mist thats always in the air will always reflect the light. I fitted some on my Jeep and I vowed I wont do it again as they are PITA and offer little assistance

I had to take off my original roof spots because of glare on the windscreen and bonnet, they even spilled onto the top of the dash, I've now fitted X-Lites http://www.x-eng.co.uk/X-LiteAZ.asp because the bulb is recessed inside a tube there is so little glare it's not worth mentioning, they are not exactly the brightest of spots, but fine for laning at night :thumbup: and I think they look great too!

Cossack said:
I had to take off my original roof spots because of glare on the windscreen and bonnet, I've now fitted X-Lites http://www.x-eng.co.uk/X-LiteAZ.asp because the bulb is recessed inside a tube there is so little glare it's not worth mentioning, they are not exactly the brightest of spots, but fine for laning at night :thumbup:

+1 to the X-Lights

+2 for the X's. I used to get glare off my bonnet and dash. Now, sure, the bonnet is illuminated, well it would be or the lights wouldn't be working would they. But it's not glare. They are fantastic in trees and where there is a canopy etc. As long range driving lights? Well that's not what they are for.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thanks guys. so do truck drivers have this problem? im going to try forward with a shield may help.

X-Lites are good, but the pics are deceiving, in practice they are nowhere near as bright as they look on that web page :think:

Agree Chas, but I am not disappointed with them at all. As I said, they are not long range spots. However, if I knock all my lights off I can still drive with them alone. Where they score is in low hanging territory where they light upwards and around the sides with a very white light that is near to daylight. I don't use them often, but they're great to have in the right conditions. Good for setting up your tent to as they're high enough for people not to stand in front of them!

C

My 4 Hella FF75's are set back and low so the light bar they mount to masks them from lighting up the bonnet directly and they put out a decent amount of light. I don't use them very often (don't even have my roof bars on at the moment so they're not fitted) but when I do they are very useful.

Chris said:
Agree Chas, but I am not disappointed with them at all. As I said, they are not long range spots. However, if I knock all my lights off I can still drive with them alone. Where they score is in low hanging territory where they light upwards and around the sides with a very white light that is near to daylight. I don't use them often, but they're great to have in the right conditions. Good for setting up your tent to as they're high enough for people not to stand in front of them! C
Totally agree :thumbup:

Back