Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Springs Advise

Mal Eade

Country Flag
england
Hi All

I have noticed over the last year my rear end sagging. :oops:

LC2011.jpg

The springs are OMU with OMU shocks with a 50mm lift. All new 2008. As you can see from the pic the ass end is down and when loaded up it is even worse.

IMG_2582.jpg

I think I should up-rate/ change the springs on the back any advise to what I should go for.

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Attachments

• LC2011.jpg
    LC2011.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2582.jpg
    IMG_2582.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 95
Nice looking truck Mal.
Sorry can't help with the question....Just starting to mod mine....not sure which way to jump on the spring side myself, so eager to see the reply's to your question.
Sorry for going off theme,but....
On the tyre thing in the other section.....your's look different to mine...I have the HANKOOK RT 03 - 295/75R16LT 123Q TL.

Thanks Keith

I keep adding bits looking for a Maggiolina Rooftent next.

My tyres are 285 / 75 /16's They are Dynapro MT's

HANKRAP1.jpg

Stunning

myarches.jpg

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Attachments

• HANKRAP1.jpg
    HANKRAP1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 98
  • myarches.jpg
    myarches.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 97
SilverLady said:
I think I should up-rate/ change the springs on the back any advise to what I should go for.
Lowest cost route and quite a flexible solution might be to go for air helper bags :?: Matt Savage sells them for £80 or £90 a pair. Air-bags are useful if you need occasional extra load carrying ability but often run the truck with a lighter load and don't want the harsh ride of heavy duty springs.

Have to say though that it looks like your springs are rather tired if they're sagging like that unladen... So you may need new springs anyway. Which OME springs did you fit at the rear?

Cheers,

Have a chat with paul at westcoast 4x4. I believe he can do OME and Ironman now.

You really need to know what's under there at the moment?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back